Murder Mysery introduction

Dear Diary,

I couldn't do it, I couldn't face my classmates knowing what I'd done. Just imagining their faces if they knew. The harsh reality to last spring would come jumping up in front of me, and forcing me to admit the horrible truth of the act we had committed.

I don't know how Jason went through with school today. I had to ditch after lunch from the sick feeling in my stomach as people would wave and smile at me and say, "Hey! How was your summer?" I spent the rest of my day eating pop tarts and watching a 16 and Pregnant marathon.

But Jason stayed the whole day. I can just imagine it: laughing with his friends, making fun of new teachers, swearing about homework. That was the kind of person he was. He didn't care about the past, he just kept on living as if nothing ever happened.

Normally, letting go of the past was a good thing. But not when it was an unspeakable act of terror committed by someone you love. What's the most frightening is the fact that Jason can let go at all, shouldn't he be more disturbed and scared by everything that's happened? Everything that's going to happen if anyone finds out?

I don't know what to do about him. About all my friends and family who know the truth about last spring break. About what happened after spring break, and into the summer.

There was a murder in Carlyle Bay. And we knew who it was. But I can't tell a soul outside the secret pact, or I'll be killed.

Help, please. I need help.

Charlotte