Chapter 4

"No" I said as soon as we had pulled away. I met his eyes that looked confused. I couldn't meet his gaze,he probably thought I was some whore that was just trying to lead him on but I wasn't I couldn't let myself fall, I've done it one too many times.

"Harry I really like you, I do but I-I just can't get hurt" I finished and I got up. He reached for my hand trying to bring me back down to him. I felt his eyes search my face as if it would give him the answer to the question that was written all over his face.

"Why do you always do that?" He said almost in a yell. I flinched back taking my hand from his. I felt the memories flood my head and my body start to shake. Just like before.

Flashback

"You're worthless! I never loved you I hate you!" He screamed at me as he raised his hand to slap my face. I felt his hand come down on to me with such a force I was shot backwards into the wall.

"Please" I cried, the loudest I could manage which was just above a whisper. He met my eyes and I could still see part of him, the part of the boy I had fallen in love with.

"I'm so sorry" He said, his brown eyes looking sincere. I looked down at the cut on my arm. That wasn't the last time Jake had beaten me it was the start of many.

"Why do you keep leading me on like that? Blake?" He asked me the tone in his voice held enough anger to want me to shrivel up and hide in the corner but I knew better than that. I looked up at him and saw in his eyes that he wasn't mad, he knew something was wrong. He just cared. I closed me eyes and took a deep breath. I lifted my shirt off my head and threw it on to the floor. I stood there in front of him in my bra and some jeans showing him all my scars.

I saw his eyes roam over my body stopping at every single scar. He didn't look me in the eye he just stared. Stared at the secrets I had kept for so long.

"There's more on my legs" I said but I didn't show them not wanting to overwhelm him. He met my eyes for a second but then stared at my arm, at the first scar Jake had ever given me, the long line where he had taken a knife out of no where and just cut me and let me bleed. I forgave him for that too, and for all the times after that thinking he didn't mean it, he loved me. Then one day he tried to shoot me, in the heart. I had never ran so fast in my life.

"Who did this to you?" Harry asked me. I shook my head trying to hold back the tears. He met my eyes.

"Blake you have to tell me" He said. He didn't try to touch me or comfort me knowing I would turn away.

"I can't...if I do he'll kill me" I whispered to him. He didn't freak out or get angry at me like I thought he would, instead he sat down and handed me my shirt. I pulled it over my head and sat down next to him.

"His name was Jake" I blurted out but I instantly regretted it. Harry propped his head up.

"Jake what?" He asked. I looked him in the eyes and we stayed like that for a minute.

"Jake Knowls" I told him. I pinched my eyes shut expecting him to walk through the door knife in hand like he was just waiting to have an excuse to hurt me again. I felt Harry's arms go around me and my first instinct was to pull away but I stopped myself.

"I will never hurt you Blake" He told me meeting my eyes. I nodded not knowing what to think. I out my head on his shoulder and he held me for a while. We sat there in each others arms and I couldn't help but think that this was what love should always be like. I was falling for Harry, even though I knew I didn't want to.

"We have to tell someone" He whispered into my ear. I pulled back and looked at him. I nodded knowing there wasn't a point in fighting with him over when he would get his way eventually. He took my hand rubbing it with his thumb.

"I like you Blake" He told me. I looked up at him feeling guilty and a little confused. His eyes were watery from tears that never fell.

"Harry, I can't...I don't know if I'm ready for another relationship" I told him being honest he nodded and then gave me a weak smile.

"And I respect that, I understand you don't have to say it I just wanted you to know" He said kissing me on my cheek. I nodded and felt really sleepy. It had to be around ten. I felt my eye lids droop and the last thing I heard was Harry on the phone.

"Her ex-boyfriend beat her" He said. I could feel him trying to hold in the anger.

"Jake Knowls, His name is Jake Knowls"

Did you like? Hope so! Thanks for reading every single one of you are amazing(: Will update the next chapter tomorrow maybe? Check for the update then!

-Courtney

xx