Chapter Four

The Prince's POV

The Prince watched the screen closely, narrowing his eyes at the Commander who just snapped a girl's neck.

"I want him out of there. Why do you continuously let this happen, father? Many girls believe this is wrong. You shouldn't kill innocent people just because they don't meet your high standards of how one should look." The Prince snapped, throwing his father a snarl over his shoulder.

The King growled in warning.

"The majority of our kind shouldn't fear us because they're afraid we're going to kill their children. We should be able to live in peace and be able to find our own mates. Why can't I just live a regular life, why can't I find my own mate? Why do I have to pick from a Selection? Maybe my mate is flawed, what makes you think I want a flawless mate?" The Prince scowled and stopped when he saw a girl amongst the rest of them who didn't flinch when the Commander killed the girl.

Her eyes flickered with emotion, but not long enough to where the Prince could identify it. The girl behind her quivered, reaching for the other girl's hand, but then pulled away at last second.

"Who is she? The one with the dark ringlets of hair?" The Prince pointed to the girl, who was currently giving the Commander a challenging look.

She dropped her head in reluctant submission when the Commander called her out on it.

"She is a nobody. I highly advise you to get rid of her as soon as you can if she makes it out of the Arena Killings. She will do nothing but destroy the Shifter Kingdom." The King told him in a stern voice.

"One She-Wolf is capable of destroying the whole Shifter Kingdom? That's unheard of." The Prince retorted.

"Not if she is put into power. She comes from a pack that no one makes agreements with anymore. She belongs to the outcast pack." The King responded.

The Prince pursed his lips, knowing exactly which pack his father was talking about.

"Maybe she is different." The Prince remarked and the King barked out a laugh.

"Don't be so naive. She is no doubt beautiful, but looks can be deceiving." The King replied.

The Prince stared at the girl. She held undeniable beauty. She was sculpted to perfection with her dark, long, silky brown waves, and her slender curvy body. Her skin glowed with health. She looked beautiful even in the plain, dull gray uniform she was dressed in.

"Don't get any ideas, son. She is not worth your time. Get rid of her as soon as possible." The King advised.

But the Prince was curious. Could this small, harmless looking She-Wolf really do damage to the Shifter Kingdom?

So sorry for the long wait, and this is a short update, I know. I apologize but please bare with me, thank you guys so much for reading my story!