PB&J and Truth or Dare

Ryan was a cutie for the rest of the day and we basically just held hands and drank coffee until everyone went home.

When Monday happened the next day, it was a pretty normal day until Mikey ran towards me and dragged me down the hall.

I asked him where he was taking me, but he wouldn't answer. He led me to the empty music room and sat me down in a chair.

"Mikey..." I said suspiciously. "What's going on?"

"I-I just..." he started, looking down at his shoes. "I wanted to spend my lunch with you and..."

"Wait," I said. "You look different..."

"Oh," he said, lifting his hand up to his head and sitting down in a chair next to me. "Yeah. I got rid of my glasses and—"

"Your hair is black!" I exclaimed. "Oooohhhh!"

He blushed. "Yeah."

"So, what made you do it?" I asked. "I'm not judging or anything; I'm just curious."

"I, uh... I was tired of everyone always calling me cute and stuff! No one would take me seriously. Like, I would get angry at people so they would listen to me, but they would call me cute and ignore me further." He sighed. "I just wanted to be taken seriously and Gerard said he thought it was my hair and Mom said it was the glasses, so..." He shrugged.

"Well, you look really—" I stopped myself because I had started in a baby voice. "Handsome," I finished in the deepest and manliest voice I could.

He giggled (it seemed like he was cursed to be cute). "Thanks."

We were kind of quiet for a while before I asked what he wanted to do for the rest of lunch. We tossed around ideas before we landed on eating sandwiches from his packed lunch while playing truth or dare.

"Okay," I said. "Truth or dare?"

"Uh, truth," he answered.

"Ok... What'd you do with your glasses?" I asked. "I mean, laser eye surgery, contacts, what?"

He shrugged. "Contacts. Truth or dare?"

"Umm, dare."

He chuckled. "Ok..." He glanced around the room then smiled mischievously. "I dare you to take that guitar and turn on the amp to the loudest volume possible and play the highest note possible."

I laughed. "Alright, but I'm not paying for your hearing aid." I did as he dared me as he covered his ears. I sat back down and asked him the name of the game.

"Mmm... Dare."

"Good choice, uh..." I looked around the room. "I dare you to..." I pointed to the group of brass instruments in the corner. "Play that trumpet."

"But I can't play the trumpet," he said.

"That, my friend, is the point exactly." I gestured to the instrument. "Go on."

He sighed and went over to them. "I don't... How do I..." I picked it up and attempted to play it, but all that came out was a noise that sounded like a whale eating a monkey.

We laughed and he put the trumpet back. He asked me the question and I answered.

"MmmTruth."

"Why did you join drama club?"

"Because it was the only way to get Ryan back in there and Chris is in the club."

"Who's Chris?"

"Ah ah ah. One question per round."

He pouted at me. "Please?"

I couldn't resist his cuteness (no matter how hard he tried to get rid of it). "Fine. What was your question again?"