4-The Umbrella. (✓)

• Dedicated to Hayley Cottrell

Chapter 4-The Umbrella

<Lauren's Point of View>

Turns out Darren slipped his phone number in my jacket's pocket while I was zoned out by his dashing smile. Does he do that to other girls too? Or was I the special girl that he likes? I mentally slap myself for even thinking that way. Psh, he seemed like a  jerk. The way he was smirking when he took my umbrella. I can't believe he actually took my umbrella. I mean, what's he gonna do with it anyway? Maybe it's just one of his hook-up tricks to lure girls to him. 

"That jerk..." I mumbled under my breath cautiously.

I pick up my phone and unwillingly dial Darren's number. I silently groan in frustration as I hear his voice.

"Hello?" Darren said with his sweet voice that melted me down right away.

No, no, no. Don't  fall for him. It's just a trick. Just a trick. Lauren, you can do this.

Woohoo, Go Lauren. I'm talking to myself in my head now.

I quickly re-gained my train of thought and began to speak.

"Hey, it's Lauren. I would like my umbrella back?" I said in a demanding way. But my tone went up, turning my statement into a question.

"Lauren?" Darren paused for a moment.

Then, he spoke again.

"Oh, Lauren. The umbrella girl...", Darren said while chuckling.

The Umbrella Girl? What the hell. Oh, he got me a nickname. Goodie.

I cleared my throat and chose my words carefully.

"Yeah. I want my stupid umbrella back. Give me your address so I can pick it up", I said with frustration in my voice.

For a few moments, all I hear is silence.

Then I hear Darren's voice over the phone.

"No. I don't want you stalking me later when you get your umbrella back", he said amusingly.

I roll my eyes. Psh, yeah right. Like I'm so obsessed with you. Jeez, why is he so obnoxious?

"Sure, why not? Where do you wanna meet?" I said in a flirty tone.

Holy shiznip. Did I just say that in the....the flirty voice? I sound like a slutty whore. I must be going bonkers now.

Darren's voice snaps me back to reality.

"At Starbucks. You know where it is, right?" Darren said.

Oh No, like I'm that stupid not to know where Starbucks is. Very funny, Darren. Very funny.

I muster up the nicest voice that I can use for him. Of course, I don't really want to be nice to him.

"Mhmm. So at Starbucks...what time?" I said in a girly tone.

I gag silently at the sound of my own voice. Yuck, too girly.

"How 'bout 3 P.M.?" Darren said with his voice curling its way down to my ear.

I shudder at the thought of seeing him again. Once I re-gained control, I spoke.

"Fantastic. Meet you at Starbucks at 3!" I said in a pretend-to-be-excited tone.

"Okay, then. See yah" I heard Darren's voice one last time and he hung up.

Phew. I let out a sigh of relief. That was the scariest phone call I ever had.

Great. Go to Starbucks at 3, get my umbrella and scram. Done. 

I won't have to deal with that jerk anymore.

A.N: Now, my chapters are not very long because clearly, I suck at writing. But then again, I do this for fun and for you guise. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

If you have time, I always say this but please vote, comment or even fan! It really keeps me going...to become a better author and to keep writing these kinds of stories.

Thank you, always. For reading my crappy books!

- Jennifer.