Chapter Twelve♥

Dedicated to thedoodler97, my best friend who gave me some great ideas for this chapter!  I love you! 

Also thank you to mjartist for making the lovely banner on the side!

       Recap: Jade has been forced into going to the dance with Jared because she owes him after she made him beg his two friends Aiden and Axel to give them a lift home from Black Jack Joes when they went on a sort-of-date. Darren her ex-boyfriend cheated on her after only a few weeks of breaking up with her, a few chapters ago he admitted to Jade that he still had feelings for her and that he wants to get back together with her. Edward, Lucy and Violet are Jade’s best friends but lately Violet has been acting strangely towards Jade for unknown reasons. Miles Callia is a boy that Jade and Edward met in Jared’s house party a few chapters ago, he goes to Haven High which is the other High School that is attending the Halloween dance.

            The rumors were true – some boys from Haven High had definitely spiked the drinks with alcohol. I discovered this as soon as I had had my second cup of what was supposed to be lemonade. The hall where the Halloween party was being held began spinning and the lights became brighter and the pounding bass of the music became louder.

          The hall had been decorated perfectly. Cobwebs hung from the beams and the council had set up robotic spiders from the doorways and ceilings so they would drop down occasionally and scare an innocent student. The lights had been dimmed so that everything looked dark and suspicious and someone had set up the lighting so that it emitted a strange red glow. Long vines decorated the walls, bats hung from the ceiling and the artificial dead trees people had positioned around the dancefloor. Blood had been splattered on the floor so it leads in the directions of the toilets, dancefloor and buffet.

          “This looks amazing Vi, you and the council did such a good job!” Edward praised Violet.

          Violet grinned, and I knew beneath her white face paint that she was blushing. Violet’s costume was wicked, she was dressed in a long ripped dress and a bloody veil floated down her back. Her face had been painted white and long dark rings were under her eyes.

          “And I have to say you make a beautiful zombie bride.” I complimented her and her grin widened.

          “And you make a very beautiful devil prostitute.” Edward told me brightly. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, his black cloak enfolding me so that all I could see for a moment was black.

          “Why is it you are always referring to me as a prostitute Edward?” I sighed, but I knew he was teasing me. To anyone else it would seem that Edward was being horrible to me, but I knew that he was only taking the piss, Edward didn’t have a bad bone in his body.

          “Have you seen that dress you’re wearing?” Edward giggled, something he only did when he was drunk, before he leaned closer to me. “Plus it’s funny.”

          “Hey Jade, where did Jared go?” Violet questioned hastily. I looked away from Edward to see that Violet had her eyes glued to us, her eyebrows furrowed and her lips pursed in annoyance.

          “He went to get another drink.” I said slowly.

          Violet nodded and I gave her a questioning look. Violet seemed to be getting in a almighty huff whenever I spoke to Edward. It was starting to get on my nerves – yes I knew that she liked him, it was obvious to everyone except Edward, but she hadn’t shared the fact that she was head over heels for Edward to me or Lucy, and she should know the kind of relationship Edward and I shared. Ever since we were little Edward and I had always been close, yes, we flirted occasionally, but we all knew it was just good banter.