Chapter 22

"An Alpha's son? Chase was an Alpha's son?!" I gasp, holding on to Sebastian's tensed right bicep as I look at the ground thoughtfully. "Holy flying cows on cheese cakes, holy demon babies, Heaven is going down! The mess we're in is so deep, I probably won't be able to see the sun anymore!"

"What the hell is that woman blabbing?!" the Werewolf growls in irritation. I narrow my eyes at him, feeling my anger building. How dare he?

"Things an idiot like you won't understand." I snap, giving him both of my middle fingers. I feel so rebellious right now, and I am so glad humans were no longer around us. It's like they all disappeared, and we're the only ones left.

"Right now would be a brilliant time to close your mouth, Love." Sebastian warns, keeping his eyes on the Werewolf. He was really tense. Was he looking out for me? What a stupid question, of course he was. I am the love of his existence.

"Don't tell me what to do, Slade." I hiss at him, exposing my elongated fangs.

I hear the Werewolf whimper, making my eyes snap to him quickly. He looked uncertain, nervous a little. His once sharp gaze was now wavering as he glanced at Sebastian.

"You're a S-Slade?"

Was he taking slow steps back? What the hell, it's just Sebastian! Then again, Sebastian probably looked lethal right now.

"Was that all it took to make you withdraw with your tail between your legs, mutt?"

Sebastian's voice was altered. It was so frightening, even I decided to shut my mouth. I would bet my beautiful organs his eyes shifted to that vicious ice blue, almost very light silver eyes.

Run, mutt, run!

'Will you act your age for once?!' my soul hissed, her tone loud and quick.

I've never been this age before, so I don't know how to act my age, you jerk, I snapped back, almost hissing out loud.

"Slade—" he hissed so thunderously, I yelped with shock and stepped back from him. Sebastian quickly turned around and pulled me into his arms, his hug so tight I wondered if he was aiming to kill me.

"Forgive me, I'm a little edgy right now." he whispers, kissing the side of my head tenderly. I nodded faintly, still shaken by the way he acted. For a second, I thought I was going to have an interview with Satan. I'm sure it would be pleasant, but I wasn't prepared for that yet.

"A Slade with a weakness."

Sebastian stiffens, his arms becoming stronger around me. His heart was beating quickly. What was he feeling?

"That's new and very unheard of, don't you think?" the Werewolf continued, and I could feel Sebastian's heartbeat calming down. My eyes widened. Not a good sign.

"Allow me, Master." I said with a glare and pushed Sebastian away from me. "Exactly what are you trying to point out, Witch?" I super-speed to the Werewolf with angered silver eyes.