(1) If I can't have you nobody can

If I can't have you nobody can

Prologue

I took a hold of his hand and heard a low growl escape his mouth.  

"I'm not letting you do this alone," I whispered looking up into his shiny black eyes. I know he wanted me to stay behind and let him face my dad on his own but I couldn't do that.

He is my life and I would stand by him no matter what. I will face my dad and possible death for him because without him my life wouldn't be worth living anyway.

Chapter 1

I know I was supposed to stay in my dad's office and wait for him but I got a bit curious after I overheard two men in black suits having a conversation. They were talking about how good subject number five was taking to the new drugs which didn't make any sense to me so I decided to follow them.

They had some serious security in the place making me wonder if they were really just running a law firm. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get very far before I was caught. Two very big men grabbed a hold of me and I was sure that they would have killed me if I wasn't the boss's daughter. They dragged me back to my dad's office and stayed there with me to make sure I didn't run of again until my dad got there.

The two men freaked me out completely. They looked like something out of The Hulk except that their skin was a normal human color instead of green. Something told me that they weren't completely human.

My dad arrived a few minutes later with a disapproving look on his face, I knew that look and it meant that I was in some serious trouble.

"What do you think you were doing young lady?" he asked sitting down at his desk and lighting a cigarette. I didn't answer him figuring that it was quite obvious what I was doing. What is it with parents and teachers anyway? They act so clever but always ask the stupidest questions.  

"I was in a very important meeting when I got a call telling me that you were snooping around. I remember very clearly telling you to stay in my office so do you care to explain yourself?" my dad questioned looking more irritated by the minute.

I thought about it for a second and came to the conclusion that I couldn't really tell him that I was following the two creepy guys in the black suits or that I wasn't convinced that he was actually running a law firm so I decided to lie.

"I was hungry so I decided to go look for a vending machine or something," I replied saying the first thing that came to mind. It didn't look like he believed me but he didn't bother asking any more questions.

"I'll ask Sally to get you something to eat, in the mean time stay here!" my dad half shouted before leaving the office. I sat there for a few minutes wondering what my dad was really involved in and how I was going to find out when I decided that there was no way I was just going to give up and leave it be. It took another few minutes before Sally brought me a toasted sandwich and a soda.

I took the food from her pretending that I was starving and then figured I might as well eat it since my dad went back to his meeting and I didn't know how long he was still going to be. I quickly devoured the sandwich and gulped down the soda before taking out my laptop and googling my dad's company.

I found it quite easily but it just confirmed what he has always told me. I had to find a way to find out what he was really doing but snooping around the company was obviously out of the question.

I waited another hour before my dad finally returned to the office and announced that we could go home. Usually I would have been home by this time but my stupid car had to break down and because we live quite far from the school my mom forced my dad to pick me up.

We drove home in silence and when we finally arrived we went our separate ways. We're not the closest family and honestly I prefer it that way because quite frankly I think my parents are crazy. My dad spends every waking moment and work or in his office at home working and my mom is always out shopping with her rich friends and pretending to be twenty years younger than she is. She could have easily picked me up from school today but apparently she had an appointment at the beauty salon she couldn't miss.

I didn't bother checking if she was home, instead I went straight upstairs and locked myself in my room. I had to figure out what my dad was up to and I knew somebody who could help me.