A New Friend - Revised 7/8/2014

Thanks everyone for your patience. I have just completed revising this chapter. I know it has been a long wait but here it is. I hope you like it. In this chapter it shows a little more about pack dynamics in a school setting. My family affairs are done. I had to adjust back to my job and college courses. I plan to continue revising the rest of this book. Then release my new chapters. Thanks for reading my story :)

*************************************

Angles POV

Homeroom was a new experience, Mitch introduced me to our teacher Ms. Crow. We then took our seats in the last row of desks. Sitting in the far left corner face the front of the room. According to him these were the best seats to have. No one looking over your shoulders and a clear view of everyone in front. In case of an emergency the backdoor to the classroom can be easily reached.

As I sat there I couldn’t help but people watch. It was obvious that several pack members from different packs were in this class. Each pack not only sat in groups together, but certain individuals were placed strategically in the room. Specifically males and those that emitted some form of authority. The age group of the students also varied from freshman through seniors. Having not been in a school before I shared with Mitch what I had noticed. As predators we are constantly on guard, so knowing all advantage points in a room is very important. I still needed to know why it applied here while in class.

With a surprised look he answered, “You caught all of that just by watching? –Most of the students here don’t even realize the extent we go through to keep them safe.” He shakes his head as more students enter the classroom laughing or talking.

Nodding towards different groups of students he continues, “Most pack members tend to sit with their pack. It’s an unconscious thing caused by their pack bond. Even the ones who are treated poorly do this.”

Leaning towards me he stares in my eyes and whispers, “Yah see Angel, many in here have roles in their pack and are responsible for their safety.” He points himself and then to some other students.

“These roles do not only apply at the pack house, on pack land, or at pack functions. It is a part of us. It is who we are. It is our responsibility to our pack and our race. We are born to protect.”

Sitting back in his seat he smiles and continues, “The mixture of freshman through seniors gives both the upper and lower classman a chance to interact more. Also, since the school is neutral grounds it gave surrounding packs a chance to get to interact with neighboring packs.”

I couldn’t help, but smile. Everything Mitch had said made perfect sense to me. From pack bond, seating, protection, interaction between classmates and packs. I was getting a better understanding of why Papa wanted me to attend not only High School, but this one. Papa always has a reason for everything and I mean everything.

Once the bell rang Ms. Crow took attendance then read the morning announcements. Several students were glad to hear that there was an extended lunch period. Others were excited that classes were shortened due to the Welcome Back Assembly. She then gave us our homeroom assignment which several students moaned and groaned about.