Chapter 1

Jason's POV

The SUV came to a smooth stop. I looked at James, my beta and only friend.

"are we there yet?" I asked

"Actually, yes we are" he said back.

James and I have been best friends ever since I we were in 3rd grade. James smile with the pack most, I don't because... well I see no reason for it.

I stepped out the SUV and looked at the Shadow Pack's pack house. I told the alpha that I would arrive today, but see as he's not out side, I take it that he forgot.

We walk up to the pack door, two of the fighter we brought with us opened the double doors. As soon as the door is opened I smelt the most amazing scent. There was a loud noise coming from what looks like a kitchen. I walk towards the kitchen with James behind me. The scent got stronger as I walked. As soon as my presents were known, the pack house were pin quiet. I moved towards the center to whatever it was that caused an attraction.

In front of my were three boys standing over a girl, punching her and cut her with the kitchen knives.

I knew the scent was coming from the girl, she was my mate. I quickly pulled the off her. I bent down to the floor and picked her up, resting her back on my lap.

I looked down at her and she was looking up at me so what scared that I might do something to her.

"Mine" I growled at everyone in the kitchen. They all gasped and I saw someone rush to get the alpha.

--------------------------------------

Stella's POV

I stared up at him all shocked, in pain, and scared.

Shocked that I have a mate, in pain because of the beating I just got, and scared because my mate was the most ruthless man alive and alpha of the most powerful pack in the world.

I saw his eyes looked at my now half naked body, I used my hand slightly to cover up my chest, for I was only in my bra and sweat pants.

His eyes are now mixed with both anger and lust. he fixed his eyes back to mine and growled the most powerful growl I've ever heard.

I looked up at him and just like that I passed out and everything went black.