Chapter 12

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

“Hey Antwan, is Simon up yet?” I asked the moment the door opened.

He just gaped at me, taking in my outfit. “Erm – no – well – he – no one told you that we don’t dress up on Sundays at this school?”

“Yeah, someone might have mentioned that,” I replied with a smile. “So, Simon’s still asleep then?”

“Yeah, he is. I thought you liked to sleep in as well?” Antwan opened the door and motioned for me to follow him inside.

“I do, but… something woke me up.” I walked into the room, smiling at Will, who was lying on a couch. “Hi there.”

“Hey, good morning. Shall I get Simon for you?”

“If you don’t mind,” I said with a smile.

Will got up, walked to a door at the right side of the room, opened it and yelled inside: “Get up, Demona’s here.”

“W-what?” I heard him murmur. “Jesus, it’s like… nine…”

“Sorry to wake you,” I yelled in his direction. “Dress nice, will you?” 

Simon’s sleepy head appeared in the doorway. “Hey Demona – you look nice.”

“Thanks. I figured I might as well keep my role as freak and newbie up. Want to join me in my attempt to make Sunday into a dress-up kind of day?”

“Sure,” Simon smiled, ruffling his already messed-up hair. “Give me ten minutes.”

“You girl,” Guido teased, pushing him from the doorway so he could enter the living room. Obviously, he shared a room with Simon. “I only need five minutes and I can take a shower in that time too.”

“Ah, so that’s why you smell so… peculiar,” I commented with a sweet smile.

Antwan laughed loudly while Guido scowled at me. I took a seat on the couch next to Will, who had dragged himself upright to make room for me to sit. He was watching Room Raiders on MTV.

“Want some coffee?” Antwan offered, holding up a mug. “It’s fresh.”

“Sure,” I replied, taking it from him. “Thanks.”

“Sugar or anything?” He asked, gesturing toward the table, where a carton of milk and a hideous sugar pot stood.

“No thanks, I drink mine black,” I answered, taking a sip from the hot coffee.

I only had to wait ten minutes – exactly the time Simon had told me to wait. When Simon stepped out of his room, he was wearing a pair of black jeans that weren’t baggy at all, a plain white shirt and a nice tuxedo jacket that had a black and grey chess pattern on it and was obviously vintage. He looked real nice, although he obviously missed his hoodie. His hair was messed up as usually, looking curlier than I’d ever (well, that is to say in the week I’d known him) seen it.