Chapter One

Okay, so this is chapter one, not sure when I'm gonna have time for chapter two, but if it gets enough likes, and votes and such, then I'll put the next chapter up tomorrow! (Hopefully!) Anyway, let me know what you think of it, if you dont like it or whatnot. So...yep. Comment....Vote....Favourite....Enjoy! And fly with Max and the rest of the Flock! -xx Ali

My Angel, my baby, skipped through the tree house, her wings out and shining in the light coming from the windows. I smiled at her as I held onto Fang’s hand. I felt his lips graze my neck, and I couldn’t suppress my smile in reply to him. He chuckled and we both watched as Angel picked up her book, where she wrote down everything now. For some reason, she and Nudge felt the need to do so. We were almost the only ones here now, anyway. After the sky had fallen, well we were the only ones to survive, along with all those that Dylan had managed to get under ground. Which included my Mom, Dr. Martinez, and my sister, Ella. As well as Nino Pierpont. We weren’t sure who else had survived, if at all, but we were sure that Jeb and most of the White Coats, if not all of them, had died in the End.

Angel was quiet enough and Fang’s blazing touch was distracting enough that I jumped when Iggy an Gazzy came storming into the tree house, through my hollow tree trunk. I was surprised that it had stayed intact when the End had come. It was the only one. We had to rebuild the other ones slowly, but they eventually got rebuilt a few years ago. When they were being built, though, everyone bombarded me into staying in my tree house. The only one who had a permanent residence here beside myself was Fang. Dirty thoughts came to mind when I thought about what we would be doing when it got dark tonight. I bit my lip and Fang’s heated touch reminded me that he wasn’t going anywhere ever again, no matter what.

“Hey, Max, your Mom was wondering if you were ready for your checkup yet.” Iggy and Gazzy said at nearly the same time. They looked at each other and cracked smiles, even though Iggy could never really look at any of us, he seemed to be able to see Gazzy’s expression. We all knew that it was just because they were so similar, and the best of friends, like brothers.

They all looked at me, then, and sighed. If you were wondering why my mom had to do a checkup on me, well, first of all she’s a doctor, and second of all . . . because I’m . . . pregnant.

Yes, go ahead. Cheer to the Heavens. Maximum Ride is going to have a baby! This is the greatest thing in the world! Yeah, yeah, yeah. Get it all out now, because I’m not going to give you any free time later. This is a serious matter.

Fang presses a kiss to my forehead and then helped me up from the place where I was sitting, not that I needed it, but being the father and all, he felt the need to help me up. Oh, great, there you go again. Stop it, already. Yes, Fang and I had a kid, and yes, that would mean we did certain things. But before you gasp and wonder whether or not we are married, let me answer that for you now . . . yes. We are married. It wasn’t some big fancy smancy wedding like you see in the movies, but when have you ever known me to ever want something even remotely close to that? Never, well maybe really deep down I had dreamed of it, but rationally, come on! No way did I have that kind of wedding. I wasn’t a fan of big, poofy dresses, or flowers or any of that. It was all too mushy for my taste.

So Fang and I had gotten married in the clothes we wore everyday, despite Angel’s and Nudge’s consistent bantering over the dress and such. I wore jeans and a t-shirt. And Fang wore the same thing. And we got married on this island, a year after the End, when we knew that we wouldn’t be torn apart from one another, and I had figured out all my crap, or at least some of it. Most of it, really. I had wanted to marry Fang for what seemed like a lifetime now. And when we had actually gotten married, well, it was the best thing that had happened in my life.