Chapter 11

Sandy's pov

I was starting to wonder, if the Alpha disliked my presence. 

I was after all, I was interfering with his people. I have no place here, I mean nothing to these people. And i would do best to remember that.

Every time my eyes happened to meet his, I saw an expression I used to in the orphanage. The look of distaste...

I wasn't pleased with the fact that, the Alpha had the ability, to remind me of a past I wish to forget.  After all its a past best left exactly there... In the past.

I had a hard time growing up, I was never the prettiest kid nor was I the youngest.  This made getting adopted a problem. Moving from one foster home to the next, never to have a home for long.

There are no flashes of violent behaviour,  in my story. Though I know this wasn't the case for every foster child. I had fairly decent foster parents, but none could handle the stress of having a black child.

but I never blamed any of them, if my parents didn't want me. Then how could I expect it from perfect strangers?

no I held no resentment towards any one of the 6 family's I got comfortable in only to be told they "couldn't support another child".

okay so maybe I was resentful at first, but not towards them, never towards them. My biological parents however were another case.

After 14 years of physical neglect,  they finally threw me out like used toilet paper.

From an early age I was taught to cook and clean and to take care of all the bill payments.

My childhood was cut short at he the age of 8, I took care of them. At the tender age of 8, I was already taking care of two freaken adults, until they decided I was of no use to them. deemed me unfit to have their affection.

But that was a long time ago, I have accepted my childhood.

or in my case, the lack of...

reliving it now won't do me any good nor will it bring back a childhood I never.

And although not the same, I won't let these kids go through what I did. They deserve to enjoy their childhood, with no fear of responsibility at such a young age.

And if I have face an angered, self righteous Alpha, in order to let these kids be kids. That's exactly, what I'll do!

Alpha Jordans pov

This hum... women, continues to surprise me. I don't know if she realised this,  but she brought sunshine and happiness where ever she went or maybe I was just being biased towards her.

I would be a fool not to realise that her presence was welcomed here. By everyone, not just my wolf.

Never has my pack laughed and cheered so hard.

when i look back I can't even remember a time where everyone was so... joyful

And although it was hard to swallow the fact that I couldn't give my pack this... peace.

I have accepted that I gave them what they need most... protection and security. A peace of mind that they were well looked after and had nothing to fear.

And I'd be damned if I allowed anyone to make me feel lacking!

especially not a mere human!

I was greatly irritated, didn't having a mate mean life would be easier?

All I felt was misery...

" that is because you are trying to escape your fate!"

great my wolf is back.... what are you on about now, and do me a favour no more riddles.

"she is our life mate, she is meant to be with us. but that can't happen cause you keep scaring her away. or you give yourself reasons to stay away!"

I let out a dangerous growl completely forgetting where I was. That's when I realised that all action had ceased and my mate was several feet away from me. She must have made her way towards me when she noticed me standing with the parents. She was looking at me with an expression of both shock and sadness but before I could reach out towards her, she took off running towards the woods.

But not before I saw her eyes glisten with unshed tears.

And i was the cause...

*** Chapter 11, DONE!!! I hope u guys like ;) I want a love scene next but I had to get, that little trip down memory lane done first. I hope it's believable, I've never done anything like this so I hope u will be patient with me. read, like and comment. bye. love yall***