Chapter 9

Lotus Flower, 

After the day you asked me out, I thought long and hard about it. Since I wanted a second opinion, I asked one of my closest friends about it. All she did was smile, and nod. I still remember her words to this day, "Violet, if you truly like this person, go for it." 

And 'go for it', was exactly what I did.

Making my final decision, I ran towards my room. Grabbing my laptop, I hit the power key, waiting for it to load. Tapping my finger impatiently on the keyboards, I tried to stay calm, listening to the familiar sound of Windows Seven. Once it was done loading, I headed straight for Facebook. Logging in, I searched through my messages, finding your name. 

Opening up a new message, I sent you my answer.  

Waiting for your reply was the worst part. It felt like hours before I heard the familiar sound of a new chat message, even though it was probably only a few minutes. Glancing down at it, my heart skipped a few beats when it saw your name. 

"Thank you for saying yes Violet, I promise, you won't regret it ;)"

 "I better not xD"

"You won't, but um, listen . . ."

At this point, I was thinking crazy thoughts. I thought you were going back on your word. Yeah I know, I was stupid, alright. 

"Yeah?" 

"Can we video chat, please?" 

I stared at the screen in shock. My fingers actually stopped moving as my eyes stayed glued to the five words you just wrote. 

"I mean-ugh, if you don't want to, we don't need to. I just, you know, wanted to see you . . . :)"

I couldn't believe it! You wanted to video chat with me? At first I was ecstatic that you wanted to video chat with me, but then I started panicking. What if my t-shirt, sweatpants, and messy ponytail self wasn't good enough for you? 

"Forget it, if you don't want to that's fine . . ."

Getting rid of those crazy thoughts, I quickly answered you before you changed your mind. 

"I do!! Are you sure you want to video chat with me?"  

"Yeah . . . I want hear your voice. See your cute face ;)" 

You can probably already guess what I did there. If you guess my face turning into a fire truck, then you are correct!

"Ah, we can chat :) Do you have Skype?" 

"Yeah :) Add me . . . my username is NoahSato123"

"Okay, my username is Viotaemin254"

"Really Violet? -__-" 

What did I do now?

"What?" 

"Taemin? Do you love him that much?" 

"Yes! He's amazing *Dreamy sigh*. . ."

". . .*pouts*. . . he's better than me? :("

"Of course not! I like you a lot more xD"

 I couldn't believe you thought I liked Taemin more than you. I would never, not even now! 

"Good to know ;) So did you find me yet?"

 "Almost. Hold on."

After Skype finally loaded, I typed in your username, sending you a contact request.

"Okay, just sent the request, you just have to accept it now :)"

"Got it, just accepted :)"

"Yay! Now we can video chat :)"