Chapter 5

Chapter five:

“Who’s hungry?!” I called out as I walked through the door Rorke opened for me.

After their day at work Taylor, Logan and Lucas dropped by my suite after showering and Rorke accompanied me to the Italian restaurant down the road so I could shout them dinner. After all, they were the ones who worked me hard and worked up my appetite.

Their faces smiled in relief at the smell of food and immediately they stood up to take it off my hands. “I brought dessert” Taylor called out from across the room.

“I thought we already had dessert here” Logan called out with a sly wink at me. I laughed and yet felt the shivers cascade through my body.

“Who said we can’t have both?” Taylor retorted, “I brought ice cream by the way”

I walked forward and just before I pulled the seat out Rorke beat me to it and pulled out the dining chair for me, “Ma’am” his Southern drawl said politely while he waved me towards the seat.

“Why thank you cowboy” I winked as I sat down. All the guys sat down around the table and tucked right in. I was starving. After the marathon of... exercise, I had today I definitely needed a hearty meal!

“Now, that’s what I like!” Logan called out with a slurp of his spaghetti. “A woman who loves to eat! I don’t know why women want to get as skinny as a skeleton when men want their women curved in all the right places”

“Nothing sexier than a woman with curves” Lucas added. I felt completely powerful with feminine energy at the feel of the four men’s eyes gazing down my physique. Tingles were spreading and concentrating on the ends of my nipples and tightening at my core and I could practically smell the sexual tension in the air.

I grinned and subconsciously pulled my shoulders back letting my chest poke forward for their eyes to feast on. “Well, what can I say? I have quite a healthy appetite”

Smirks appeared on four of their faces and we all knew the hidden meaning behind my words. After that little conversation, we all fell back into casual topics. I asked Taylor if he had any scary stories of giant fires, asked Logan and Lucas about motorbikes and I was even considering getting one myself. Then I asked Rorke about his life on the ranch and how they all managed to stay friends despite their obvious differences.

“I suppose that’s why we stay friends” Rorke answered. He lifted his Stetson off and ran a rough hand through his chestnut brown hair. “Could you imagine if we were all the same? Logan and Lucas aside that is”

I heard laughter erupt from the twins and Taylor shook his head. “These two are more than enough for our little group. I’d probably kill myself if there were more of them in the world!”

We moved onwards to the lounge area and I switched the TV on to an action movie that was showing. I looked back and saw that all the available space was taken by the broad men and decided to serve ice cream before finding somewhere to sit.

I took out the cold dessert and scooped large amounts into four bowls, keeping the rest in the carton for me to eat. “Need some help?” Lucas asked behind me.

I jumped at his sudden voice and held a hand to my chest. “Lucas! You scared me, I didn’t even hear you. But yeah, that’d be great if you grab some of those bowls and spoons”

Lucas nodded and grabbed three and handed them to the guys before holding his own in one hand and pulling me down to sit on his lap with the other. Lucas was intriguing. While he and Logan were absolutely identical, he was more mysterious, more brooding.