3. Crossing Frenemy Lines

[Vote and Comment if you're happy I'm writing this again yay 3]

Chapter 3 - Crossing Frenemy Lines

I Got You Babe – Sonny and Cher

Austin portrayed by Austin Butler

"Spencer?"

My head snapped to Dad.

"The door."

I blinked. He noticed my confusion and sighed heavily. "The doorbell rang, that must be your girlfriend."

I squinted my eyes, "Girlfriend?" then the reality of the situation kicked in "Oh, right, girlfriend." I snickered nervously under the confused and intense stares of everyone in the room.

"I should probably get that."

"Yes." Dad said in a calm tone, "You should get that."

After a few awkward, tense moments with dad, I shuffled off to the door and lo and behold, it was Karla.

"Where the hell have you been?" I hissed quietly, allowing her to come inside.

She took off her red coat and threw it on the rack. "Sorry, but mom and dad decided that tonight was the nightto talk to me about premarital sex."

I shivered. "Gosh, apology accepted." I murmured, grabbing her by the hand and reentering the dining room.

Mom immediately stood when her eyes caught Karla's. She walked over, holding her dress in her hands so the ends wouldn't get caught in her shoes and engulfed Karla into a big hug. One that she wasn't ready for.

"Woah," Karla mumbled "it's nice to meet you too, Mrs. Haynes."

Mom parted them but kept her hands on Karla's shoulders. Looking her up and down before smiling gently. "You are a stunner." She cooed.

Karla smiled in return before returning to my side near the entrance. Dad stood and pulled out a seat next to him. "You can sit next to me young lady."