Chapter 19: My Slutty Step Sister's Boyfriend (:

My Slutty Step Sister's Boyfriend

Chapter 19

"To be honest I hardly think she'll wake up soon. It's most likely gonna take her at least six months."

Each word stabbed through my heart. My beautiful Liberty, not waking up soon. The thought sent me into a world filled with sadness and pain. It's been two months. I'm completely healed but my heart isn't. It's begging to see her smile, to see her eyes fill up with the light of the day. Her parents are so understanding that they've let me join them when they have meetings with the doctors on her health. 24/7, well mostly I'm by her side unless I have classes to go to. I have two more years until I graduate with a doctoral degree and as a pediatrician. It might sound lame that someone like me is learning to become a child's doctor but to me it's big. I wanna do something worth while with my life. And I've finally realized that the way I was going through with life isn't the way I wanna live. It's not...holy as my mom liked to say. I've been going to college for four years and I just started my fifth year. I wanna make someone proud of me, my parents proud of me, Liberty proud of me.

I gently take her hand into mine. Her hand feels cold and lifeless. Not warm to the touch like it did before. I miss her so much. Everyday I come here after classes. I do my homework and when I'm done, I talk to her. About all kinds of things from school to what I ate for breakfast. The doctor, Dr. Carl says that even though she's in a state of deep sleep, also known as a coma, she can still hear everyone and everything. It gives me hope that she can at least still hear when she can't move or wake up. At times I feel the hope in me ebbing away but I force it to stay. I can't lose hope when everyone else has except for Maddie. Her parents think she'll never wake up and so does Jordan, Maddie's fiance. They've all and other friends of Liberty have come to believe that she's not coming back. Maddie and I disagree. Her and Jordan constantly fight over the fact that Jordan thinks she needs to except that Liberty's not gonna wake up and that Maddie thinks she'll wake up anytime. That anytime has turned into two months. Sometimes I feel like going back to when I was five years old. With not a care in the world except for crayons, Bob the Builder, and staying away from girls that have cooties. Sadly, that time has passed. I'm a 21 year old man with a lost soul and a dying heart. Many of my friends, including Jordan and Liberty's parents constantly urge me to go home, to spend some time away from the hospital but the thing is I can't. Jordan has constantly tried to take me clubbing or something but it hasn't worked out too well. I absolutely refuse to budge.

A month and a half ago was Pierre's hearing in court. Even though he's been assigned to Prison for the rest of his life, law stated that he still must have a hearing in which I was asked to be a representative of Liberty. I gladly represented her and if I may say 'I kicked some ass.' Throughout the hearing all Pierre could do was glare at me. Idiot, he thought he could actually get away. Yeah right.

Everything was perfect, the way it should be....except Liberty should be awake and in my arms right now.

Maddie's POV

"You dumb ass," I screeched as he stomped away from the couch.

"How could you be so insensitive," I screamed at him. He ignored me grabbing a glass of water before turning to look at me.

"Me, I'm the insensitive one. I'm sensitive alright. I just think you should get over Liberty. It's quite obvious she's not waking up soon," he tells me calmly looking into my eyes. I glare at him deeply offended. How could he say that about my best friend? She'll wake up soon and when she does I'll show him.

"She'll wake up," I tell him my voice trembling.

"Sweetie it's not good to dwell on the past," he says sitting down on the couch.

"Yeah well it's not to good to dwell on the future either," I tell him snottily.

"Darling, I love you but your insane right now. I know you miss her but you need to understand."

"I don't need to understand anything," I screech at him trying to slap him. He grabs my hand giving me a death glare.

"You are crazy," he practically shouts at me flinging the cup against the wall causing it to shatter as he stomps away into the bedroom. Five seconds later, he comes back with a picture of Liberty.

"Look at this person. This happy person. She's not coming back and you need to understand that," he growls in my face. I nip at his hand as he practically shoves the photo of me and her at prom in my face. I could feel the tears coming as I remembered our prom. Jordan, of course he's two years old but he still took me. I miss the old Jordan. Not this stressed out, hopeless Jordan.

The tears came full blast as Jordan's face softened.

"Oh baby," he says soothingly. He gently engulfs me in his arms burying his face in my hand and rubbing my back soothingly.

"It'll be alright," he says kissing my neck. He pulls his head back looking softly into my eyes wiping away the tears.

"I'm sorry for being insensitive," he whispers against my cheek. I shake my head.

"I'm sorry for fighting all the time. I know how stressed out you must be and I feel like such a jerk to argue with the one girl I love so much." His words cause my heart to beat furiously as he gently kisses me on the lips. I respond as he backs me up to the couch. The couch that we had previously made love on before our stupid argument.

And during that love making, I realized something. I should be happy to have Jordan with me. That no matter how much he disagrees with me, he's the one I wanna spend my life with. He's the one boy who's not a jerk. He's the one that actually loves me for me.

And I should be happy with that.

Sorry it's short but there isn't much more to say since there's only one more chapter and that's the ending. The last chapter is gonna be heartfelt. Idk when I'll upload. Sorry!! But I'm gonna have a sequel.

Anyways...

Vote.Comment.Fan!? (: