Chapter 2

I’m sitting on the couch, as I see a black van pull into the driveway of the adoption center. I don’t understand why I’m so nervous; I mean, they’re not going to pick me or anything. Nobody ever does. They always choose one of the normal girls, not an ugly creature like me.

DING DONG

“I’ll go get it. You sit down and try not to look ugly, but that’s nearly impossible. Oops, did I say that out loud? Sorry!” The headmistress teases me, while walking out of the room and over to the door. “Hello boys. Nice to see you guys! Right this way.”

I hear the clicking of her shoes get louder, and I realize that she I walking right towards me. Suddenly, the ground doesn’t seem as interesting as the boys right in front of me. I look up, only to lock eyes with a familiar looking boy.

“Hi. I’m Niall.” The blonde haired one says, holding out his hand for me to shake.

“I’m Alexis. Nice to meet you Niall.” I shake his hand, and turn to the other boy standing next to him.

“Hi love. I’m Liam.” The boy next to Niall says.

“Hi. I’m Alexis.”

The next thing I know, the ground is so appealing again, and I’m completely zoned out of the whole conversation, until headmistress tells me to go up to my room and get to know Niall. As I walk away, I can hear Niall’s footsteps from behind me. I keep looking over my shoulder though, because I have bad memories of footsteps…

Niall POV                                        

So her name is Alexis; pretty cool name if you ask me. I can honestly say that I want her to be in the One Direction family. I don’t know about Liam yet though. But it was a good idea to leave the rest of the lads in the car. They would be too loud and annoying, and someone in here would have noticed who they were immediately.

“Niall, go hang out with Alexis for a little bit while I get things settled.” Liam says, snapping me out of my daze.

“Okay.”

Alexis starts walking up the stairs to what I’m guessing is her room, so I just follow her. I think she noticed that I’m following her because she keeps taking glances over her shoulder. She looks scared. Why?

She walks into her room, which isn’t necessarily hers I guess, judging from the other 5 cots in there. To be honest, the room is bigger than you would think it would be. Alexis trudges over to her bed and plops down on it, so I decide to sit on the floor so I could face her.

“What’s up Alexis?”

“Living in this hellhole. It’s brutal. Nobody likes me here; not even headmistress.”

“How can someone hate you? You seem as harmless as a baby penguin, like me!”

“I don’t know. They’ve hated me since day one.”

“So what do you like to do in your free time? Like any sports?”

“I used to play soccer, softball, and I used to dirt bike, but my mom sold my dirt bike for alcohol money…”

“Oh. Well that seems pretty cool! What position did you play in softball?”

“Shortstop.”

“That’s coollllllllllllllll.” I say, putting too much emphasis on the l. We weren’t talking for very long, but I felt a buzzing in my pocket. It was a text from Liam.

Come back down. Tell Alexis to pack her things. She’s ours now :)

I reply,

K wer getting her stuf now

I have some quality spelling skills.

“Well, do you need any help packing up?”

“What do you mean…” she responds, with caution on her voice.

“Welcome to the family.” I pull her into a tight hug; her eyes light up and a huge smile comes onto her face. I think she mouthed a thank you, but I don’t know; she didn’t say anything. As she pulls away from the hug, I think, ‘this is going to be fun.’

Liam POV

I signed everything that needed to be signed, and by the looks of it, the headmistress seemed to be very happy. Not happy in a good way, but happy like “I’m happy she’s gone” way. That made me tense up a little bit.

“Why don’t you text Niall and tell him to make sure Alexis is packed up, then to come down when she’s ready.”

“Alright.” I pull out my black iPhone 4S, and shoot a quick text to Niall:

Come back down. Tell Alexis to pack her things. She’s ours now :)

I put my phone back into my pocket, but right when I did, it started buzzing.

New Text Message from Nialler

K wer getting her stuf now

I start smiling and put my phone away, which ends up starting an awkward silence…

“Can I get your autograph?” the headmistress asks me.

I look over at her and reply, “Sure.” She hands me a poster of myself, which, when I looked at it, removed my birthmark on my neck. I signed it and left a little note. It said, ‘Thank you so much. We’re so excited to have Alexis in our family!’ and I never lie; we were really excited about having Alexis in our family.

a/n i think this isnt going to be half bad actually lol... comment and vote!

Annie

oh and i need a cover.... so if anyone knows hw to make one.... comment and ill talk to you(: