Prologue

*Please note that I mean to change Roxanne's age to  seven.

###################################

"I have chosen the next Speaker of Fate, Selena." A woman smiled. Cruelly. Hatefully. Ominously. Her hair was black and lanky, bizarrely dyed with stripes of all different colours. She was in a black sleeveless dress, wearing a pair of black leather gloves and dark red high heel shoes. Her face was surreally pale with make-up, ghostly with a satanic smirk.

"And who may have the honor, Katheryne?" the lady before her lowered her head slightly with acknowledgement, her topaz eyes shone with respect, yet dimmed slightly with unnoticeable sadness. She was in a dress of pleasant primrose with a white cape on top, which created a sharp contrast in comparison with Katheryne. Her beautiful blond hair was tied neatly with a bandeau, with only a few strands fell loose, lying pliably on her slender shoulders.

"Who else?" Katheryne smiled deepened devilishly, the mascara that she had tastelessly applied amplified the malice on her face. "Roxanne. Roxanne - Carlisa - Taylor. " She announced the girl's full name, articulating every syllable precisely.

Selena froze, colour drained from her face. A new expression added to her eyes - fear. Although the Speakers of Fate has the power to speak for fate, they always have a tragic life.

All feared them.

All yearned for their help.

They were sought and hunted by all.

Most of them went mad, and forgotten after they had appointed their heirs and transferred their power to them. Many of them were hunted down by enemies.

The power to speak for Fate was a cursed power.

"Are you scared, Selena? Didn't you just say it's an honour to be a Speaker of Fate?" Katheryne taunted with smugness, "Ever since the other Speaker is missing half a century ago, I am the only one who possesses this power. Isn't it generous of me to grant your daughter my powers, but not my own daughter?"

There were two Speakers of Fate. Always. Only one can defy the other.

"Yes, Katheryne. I... thank you." Selena breathed, the words squeezed out from her clenched jaw with difficulty.

"Then I shall accept your appreciation. Now, where is my little heir?"

"She -" Isn't here.

"Mama!" a little girl skipped across the room, stopping in front of Selena. She was two years old, Roxanne Taylor herself. She inherited her mother's blond hair, but not topaz eyes. Her eyes were clear aquamarine, flawless and enchanting. She wore a white long sleeve dress, with exquisite patterns embroidered on top, and sky blue laces spiralled all the way down from her waist. Despite her age, her every moment was graceful and ladylike, with no doubt she was growing into an exceptional beauty.

"How sweet, my heir." Katheryne stared at the little Roxanne with a smile that did not reach her eyes. There were only hatred, and inexplicable jealousy. "Come to me."