[o1]

*AUTHORS NOTE 2021*

Hello everyone, this story is back!! Enjoy gals, pals, and non-binary pals!!

For more information about separation anxiety disorder, please read more here:
_______________

Chapter One
_______________

I have always had separation anxiety. I had it as an infant, and it just stuck.

My mom had told me that on the first day she dropped me off at daycare, I had immediately started crying. It didn't stop until she had come to pick me up. The instant she held my hand, I had stopped crying. They just thought it would be a one day thing, so my mom tried again the next day. It was the same as the day before.

This happened for the rest of the month. My mom talked to my dad, and they discussed that my mom would just quit her job and stay at home with me. We had more than enough money rolling in from my dad's job, my mom working was just a hobby that she had always wanted to do.

But when it came time for me to actually go to school in kindergarten, I was less than thrilled. My stomach was in knots, my heart kept clenching, and I kept a grip on my mom's leg as she ushered me into the classroom. I was a nervous wreck, and clearly not ready for school. Why can't my mom just take me back home? I was fine there.

As soon as the teacher tried to tear me away from my mom, I just wasn't having it. I gripped on even harder, and started to cry and scream. It felt like I was going to projectile vomit over everything and everyone. It would have looked comical to anyone passing by, but for me it was hell.

When my teacher let go of my legs, two boys came over to me. One had brown hair, and pretty blue eyes, and the other had blond hair and pretty green eyes. The one with brown hair took my hand while the one with blond hair pushed my hair away from my face.

"She's so pretty..." He said, wiping one of my tears away.

"Don't cry, it hurts when you cry." The one with brown hair said. I sniffled and looked at them. My stomach was no longer in knots, and I felt at ease, just like I did when I was with my mom.

I gave them a huge smile, and grabbed the blond haired boy's hand. The two boys smiled brightly at me before turning to my mom.

"We will protect her. We promise." The blond one said before they pulled me away to the Legos. I was so wrapped up in the two boys that I didn't even realize my mom leaving.

"I'm Ryker." The brown haired boy said.

"I'm Grey." The blond haired boy said, handing me a Lego. "What's your name, beautiful?"

I blushed and tried to hide my face. "Holland." Someone put their hand under my chin and moved my head up so I could see Ryker.

"That's a beautiful name."

From then on, my separation anxiety took over, and we became inseparable. If one of them didn't come to school, I would start to get sick; mentally and physically ill. It felt like I was going to throw up and pass out unless I could see them. I would throw fits until my mom was called to pick me and the other up, and bring us to their house. As soon as we were all united, only then would I be at ease.

My mom taught them how to handle or deal with me whenever I do have anxiety attacks. They used to be scared at first, but they're slowly becoming experts at it.

*7 Years Old*

I love when we go to Ryker's house. He always has the best toys and he has a really big backyard so we have so many places to play hide and seek!