9 Months Later -5

So sorry for the wait. i've just been a little busy with school work and getting back into the routine of things. I hope you guys enjoyy

.

-------------------------------------

Walking through the door I heard the boys talking in goofy voices and a random pitch. I took my shoes off by the door and walking into the living room to Lena in Leo's arms and Jake making faces at her.

"Well isn't this a Kodak moment?" I asked taking a seat next to Jake and kissing Lena on the forehead.

"Guys my boss asked me to work this party tonight. I'll make sure I don't have work tomorrow so you can both get a break from watching her." I said in a sympathetic voice.

"Honey its fine we love watching Lena. What time do you have to go in at?" Leo questioned passing Lena into my waiting arms.

"9, but I was planning on taking Lena for a walk again and spend some mommy daughter time together. Sp you guys can have some quality time together till 7:45ish?" I stated/questioned at the same time.

They squealed in delight. I laughed at their expressions, I know how tiresome watching a baby can be and it's unfair of me to try and make them watch her all break long.

"So we'll be back by 7:45 and we'll watch Lena for the night." Leo said double checking what I'd said. I nodded my head and got up to put Lena in some warmer clothes and pack her a small diaper bag. I grabbed her coat, blanket, and stuffed horse from our room. I walked back into the living room to retrieve her stroller and placed her in it wheeling her back into our room. I put her blanket in the basket underneath since it wasn't too cold outside for me to bundle her up yet.

I walked to my closet next and grabbed a pair of gray boots a black sweater, a gray lace cami, and some faded blue skinnies. I quickly dressed in them and pulled my hair up into a low ponytail with my fringe covering my left eye.

Before heading out the door I grabbed a bottle, my jacket, and double checked to make sure I had my phone and wallet on me. I did so we set off to the park.

The walk wasn't too long and it was a comfortable temperature outside. I'd stopped and bought a hot chocolate before we reached the park and took our regular seat on the bench near the swings. I had Lena facing me as I sipped on my hot chocolate enjoying the chocolaty taste on my tongue and the tingling sensation as it went down my throat. I set it down next to the strollers' wheel and to get her blanket out, the last thing I needed was Lena getting sick. I grabbed it and her horsey and bundled her up. I took the horse in my hand and brought it to Lena's cheek making her giggle as it tickled her face. I placed it in her lap and reached for my drink. It tasted more like chocolate milk then hot chocolate by now.

I sighed as I stared at the other children running around the playground with their mothers and fathers. It made me sad looking at those happy families. Vince had said he'd always be there for me, for us. But he'd lied and left the day my precious baby was born. I don't regret having her but I regret believing her

father would be there for us. It's a shame really that he won't be in her life.

"May I sit here?" Someone asked. I turned to my head to see..

"Damon?" I questioned.

"I thought I recognized your stroller." I cringed, that's so not something I thought I'd ever hear. He looked at me expectantly and I realized I'd never answered his question.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Sit down we were just leaving. "I looked at the time on my phone and saw it was only 6:17.

"No you weren't." He said calmly as he sat beside me.