Lesbian romance movie list

Start from the beginning

Flick's Chicks-stagevu.com-

Plot: After a young single mother discovers she is gay she invites five very different, attractive women to her secluded family beach house in hopes of finding the perfect mate.

My thoughts: This movie was quirky. It's not very well liked, the acting is not exactly up to par, but I must say that the story was not lacking. I enjoyed it thoroughly and was laughing histerically at least 5 times which is more than I can say for other lesbian movies.

And then Came Lola-Netflix-

Plot: A talented, but distracted photographer, Lola, on the verge of success in both love and work, could lose it all if she doesn't make it to a crucial meeting on time. But, as usual, Lola is late. With her job and girlfriend on the line, she has three chances to make it right. In a desperate race through the streets and back rooms of San Francisco, time grows short-will Lola make it? Will she come at all? With a pop sensibility that mixes live action, animation and still photography, And Then Came Lola explores love's age old question in a fresh new way, "If you try, try again, will you finally get it right?" 

My thoughts: This movie appealed to my wild side. The main character is funny and the story is well put together. It got a little tedious towards the end but all in all, worth a watch if you enjoy a good laugh and some gorgeous women.

The World Unseen-downloaded-

Plot: A drama centered on two women who engage in a dangerous relationship during South Africa's apartheid era.

My thoughts: This is a moving story of two women who fall in love in a time when such things were not widely accepted. Throw in a splash of Sheetal Sheth and you have one lovely story of female love.

I can't think straight-downloaded-

Plot: In the upper echelons of traditional Middle Eastern society, Reema and Omar prepare for the marriage of their daughter Tala. But back at work in London, Tala encounters Leyla, a young British Indian woman who is dating Tala's best friend Ali. Tala sees something unique in the artless, clumsy, sensitive Leyla who secretly works to become a writer. And Tala's forthright challenges to Leyla's beliefs begins a journey of self-awareness for Leyla. 

This movie is much different from the world unseen, although it stars the same actresses. It is a modern tale of a woman who goes through fiances like no ones business and a woman who struggles with her sexuality. It was an entertaining movie no doubt. and the actresses have wonderful chemistry. 

Elena Undone-netflix-

Plot: Fate brings two diversely different women together, and sets them on a collision course that will shatter their preconceived notions about love, life and the power of one's soul.

My thoughts: This movie is about a pastors wife and a journalist. The story is okay enough. The pastors wife is more than a little awkward at times. But overall it was a decent movie. It is better quality than most and was clearly well done. 

Imagine me and you-downloaded-

Plot: A newlywed bride becomes infatuated with another woman, who questions her sexual orientation, promoting a stir among the bride's family and friends.

My Thoughts: This movie is one of the best of it's kind. Who could NOT like Piper Perabo?! No matter what you like or dislike, you must watch this movie at least once in your life. It will be well worth it. 

Water Lilies-netflix-

Plot: Summer in a new suburb outside Paris. Nothing to do but look at the ceiling. Marie, Anne and Floriane are 15. Their paths cross in the corridors at the local swimming pool, where love and desire make a sudden, dramatic appearance.