Chapter 2: Wingwoman, take off!

“Ready na ba kayo?”

A crowd full of teenage girls went crazy as two of the hottest teen heartthrobs were being introduced. This meant only one thing – the Growing Up stars were invading Legazpi!

The announcer continued, “Eto na sila! Diego Loyzaga and Daniel Padilla!!!”

The screaming only got louder as the two walked out. The boys waved at the crowd before they started singing every girl’s favourite – Harana.

Meanwhile, backstage –

“May dalawa pang numbers bago ako magpeperform. Anong gagawin ko habang naghihintay ako?”, Kathryn thought. She scanned the area, looking for someone to talk to. Her eyes eventually landed on Yen. [They were the only girls from the cast who could fit the mall show into their schedules]

“Sige na nga…”, Kathryn said as she got up. She then lifted up her chair and started walking towards Yen.

Kathryn tapped Yen on the shoulder. “Pwede bang umupo?”

“Ay Kath! Ikaw lang pala! Of course!”, Yen answered as she shifted over to give Kathryn some room. Kathryn then put her chair down beside Yen’s and plopped herself onto the seat.

There was an awkward silence between the two. Neither one of them knew how to start the conversation. Suddenly, Kathryn noticed Yen chewing on something.

“Ano ang kinakain mo?”, asked a curious Kathryn. At least this would get them talking…

“Cookies & Cream Polvoron!” Yen proudly held her snack up. “Alam mo, paborito ko ‘to?”

“Talaga?”

“Oo, gusto mo?” Yen pulled out another piece of Polvoron from her purse for Kathryn to take.

Kathryn declined Yen’s offer. “Okay lang, sayo na lang. Tutal, paborito mo yun eh.”

“O sige…” Yen shrugged her shoulders and continued munching on her Polvoron.

So paborito niyang pagkain ay Cookies & Cream Polvoron… kailangan sabihin ko ‘to kay Dj.Pwede niya tong gamitin para sa panliligaw niya. Pero, baka makalimutan ko. Gagawa na lang ako ng note sa phone ko, Kathryn thought.

Kathryn pulled out her phone. “Ay, nagtext yung Kuya ko”; Kathryn needed an excuse to use her phone. “Magrereply lang ako ah!”

Yen nodded her head. Kath turned around to hide what she was doing. She typed:

Note: favourite food – Cookies & Cream Polvoron. *save*

Kathryn slipped her phone back into her pocket as she turned back around to face Yen. Yen was humming along to ‘Harana’.

Mukhang gusto niya yung song na ‘to. Pero dapat sigurado ako kung gusto niya talaga. Hmm... kakanta nalang ako para makita kung ano ang reaksyon niya.