Stalked

Number 6

Description

Six best friends. Kylie, Rochelle, Lydia, Meredith, Lena, and Clara. Their easy Year 9 lives are about to be changed forever.

The girls are being stalked. Threatening notes are being left in their school lockers. People they know and are seen talking to start to die and go missing. They have all been given a number on a note...the numbers show the order in which they will die!

Chapter1. Kylie's POV

I was being watched.

I could feel it. I kept looking behind me but there was no one there. I felt jumpy and nervous. I could hear the breathing, sense the heartbeat. I whirled around again expecting to find someone standing there. But there was no one.

Palms sweaty, I pulled out my phone and dialled my dad's number. 'Hello?' his familiar voice greeted me.

'Dad,' I say shakily. 'Come pick me up.'

'Okay, Ky,' he agrees, and hearing the nickname he has called me all my life is comforting. I smile. 'Thanks Dad. I'm at Hayward Avenue.' I end the call, slide my phone back into my jeans pocket, and stand in the drizzling rain waiting by the street sign. I hear a crunching of footsteps. 'I'm coming to get you...'

I jump. A horribly familiar voice, threatening and menacing, hurtles through the air from right behind me and hits my ears like daggers. I feel warm breath on the back of my neck, making the hairs there bristle. Next thing I know, a fist collides with my face and my world blacks out.

Xxxxxxxxxx

I sit up and the world focuses. I am in my school's first aid room with my dad sat in front of me, a worried expression on his face. As soon as he notices my recovery he pulls me into a tight hug. 'What happened, Kylie?' he asks in concern. I look at him blankly, so he elaborates, 'I found you lying unconscious by the street sign, Ky. You had-have-a massive bruise on your head.'

That explains the throbbing.

'Did someone punch you, Ky?' Dad enquires in concern. Punch....the voice....blacking out....

The memories flood back to me and I start to hyperventilate, feeling sick. I'm coming to get you....that voice was so familiar....but who would stalk me?

Dad sighs. 'Are you okay, Ky? If you want to come home that's fine.'

I shake my head. I have to tell the others about this. They'll know what to do. 'I'm fine, Dad. Please, don't worry.' I check my watch. 'Go, Dad,' I urge. 'You're going to be late for work.'

He sighs again and ruffles my platinum blonde hair. 'Okay, but tell a teacher if you need to come home, yes?'

I nod and wave as he leaves the school, clambers into his car and drives off. The nurse, who Meredith once said is her aunt, hands me a handwritten note. 'Give it to the teacher if you feel ill and she'll send you down here,' she instructs me, and sees me out of the room.