Best Friends Forever?

Chapter One – Not So Mysterious Stranger:

Being  woken  up  by  the  irritating  sound  of  men  shouting  and  doors  slamming  on  cars  just  outside  your  bedroom  window,  is  never  a  good  way  to  start  your  day.  In  fact,  the  only  thing  I  could  think  of  as  being  worse  was  not  waking  up  to  the  smell  of  freshly  cooked  bacon  radiating  up  the  stairs… Wait,  where  was  the  smell of  bacon  flooding  my  nostrils? Usually  by  this  point  on  a  Saturday  morning,  Mum  was  already  shouting  at  the  top  of  her  lungs, like life  itself  depended  on  it  telling  me  to  get  out  of  bed  because  breakfast  was  ready;  despite  the  fact  that  I  could  really  do  with  my  beauty  sleep,  after  all I  am  a  growing  girl.
She  seemed  set  on  always  waking  me  early  on  a  weekend,  despite  the  fact  that  there  was  no  rational  reason  for  it.  I  mean,  if  I  want  to  stay  in  bed  all  day,  why  shouldn’t  I  be  allowed  to?  But  nope,  instead  of  allowing  me  to  bask  in  the  warmth  of  my  comfy  bed,  mum  had  made  it  a  ritual  to  wake  me  at  times  no  teenager  should  ever  have  to  witness;  namely  those  before  midday.
 Apparently,  like  my  mother,  the  mayhem  making  men  outside  didn’t  see  the  importance  in  allowing  me  to dream  of  a  life  that  would  never  be  with  this  week’s  teen  heart-throb,  instead  they  were  more  concerned  about  ‘the  fine  china’.  Personally,  I  was  glad  to  hear  a  sudden  smash  coming  from  outside  as  I  rolled  over  to  see  just  what  ungodly  hour  it  was;  you  know  what  they  say  about  karma. 
Sighing  as  I  dragged  myself  out  of  bed,  I  had  given  in  to  the  fact  I  wasn’t  going  to  be  getting  back  to  sleep  anytime  soon;  great,  just  what  I  needed.  I  decided  to  draw  back  the  curtains  and  investigate  what  was  occurring  outside  my  window  which  may  well  have  been the  worst  decision  ever.  As  I  swiped  the  pale  purple  curtains  back,  I  was  blinded  by  the  sudden  ray  of  sunlight  which  had  taken  that  exact  moment  to  propel  itself  through  my  window  and  into  my  eyes.  Could  this  day  get  any  worse? 
Gazing  outside,  I  was  able  to  pick  out  the  figures  of  two  women  talking  in  front  of  a  large  moving  van  which  had  situated  itself  outside  of  the  white  fenced  house  next  door;  new  neighbours  I  guess.  One  of  the  two  talkative  women  was  clearly  my  mother, no  doubt  plaguing  the lady  to  find  out  any  gossip  she  could,  that  would  be  typical.  The  other  female was  a  tall,  slender  woman  with  a  perfect  bob  of  blonde  hair  perched  atop  her  head,  even  from  this  distance,  she  looked  stunning.  She  certainly  had  my  mother’s   attention  which  was  enough  for  me,  and  so  I  decided  to  go  and  investigate  the  new  neighbours. 
Pulling  on  my  long  hot  pink  dressing  gown  over  my  pyjamas,  I  gazed  in  the  mirror, sleep  deprivation  was  all  too  clearly  displayed  in  my  squinting  brown  eyes  as  I  attempted  to  fix  my  blob  of  auburn  curls  into  something  which  looked  at  least  half  human  rather  than  like  the  mane  of  a  lion.  Admitting  defeat  and  reasoning  with  myself  that  the  neighbours  will  have  to  get  used  to  seeing  me  look  a  mess  anyway,  I  was  ready  to  discover  who  my  new  neighbours  were  and  what  possessed  them  to  ever   want  to  move  in  at  a  time  when  some  of  us  were  still  trying  to  catch  some  zees.  I  mean,  I  wasn’t  angry,  ok,  maybe  a  little,  I  hadn’t  got  my  bacon  and  was  woken  early -  never  a  good  combination,  but  I  was  willing  to  give  them  a  chance.
Climbing  over  the  mountain  of  laundry  piled  in  front  of  my  bedroom  door,  I  began  my  accent  of  the  wooden  staircase.  I  found  myself  praying  for  certain  criteria  in  my  new  neighbours  that,  as  a  teenage  girl,  seems  rather  essential  if  we  were  going  to  have  a  happy  relationship.  First  off,  no  babies  or  small  whinny  children;  one  three  year  old  brother  who  loved  getting  his  way  was  enough  for  me,  I  couldn’t  cope  if  I  knew  I  had  to  listen  to  the  same  amount  of  crying  boom  through  the  wall  every  night  as  what  he  produces.  No,  babies  were  not  a  positive.  Secondly  and  perhaps  even  more  importantly  than  the  baby  rule,  isn’t  so  much  a  rule  as  it  is  a  wish,  a hot  teen  son.  Now  that  would  be  perfect,  well   perfect  if  for  some  unlikely  reason  he  found  me  attractive  as  well.
 Truth  of  the  matter  is,  even  if  they  had  a  hot  son,  he  would  never  look  at  a  girl  like  me  with  any more  interest  than  the  rest  of  the  student  body  already  had.  See  thing  is,  the  only  guy  who  has  ever  shown  any  interest  in  me  was  resident  stalker  and  total  creep  Neil  Power,  even  then  that  was  probably  only  because  I  had  a  pulse.  Beyond  that,  I  had  never  much  luck  or  even  interest  in  boys, and  to  say  the  crude  dates  mom  arranged  with  her  work colleagues  children  were  ridiculous  would  be  an  understatement. Instead,   I  was  happy  living  in  my  fantasy  world  of  being  locked  on  the  arm  of  Harry  Styles  rather  than  focusing  on  actual  boys,  it  was  easier  that  way. That’s  not  to  say  I  was  ugly,  although  admittedly,  right  now  I  wasn’t  doing  my  self  any  favours  looking  like  The  Pink  Panther  on  a  bad  hair  day,  I  simply  had  never  found  the  right  guy.
Stepping  out  into  the  gleam  of  the  early  morning  sun,  my  gaze  floated  around  in  a  semi-circle  as  I  looked  from  the  delivery  van  to  where  my  mother  and  her  new  best  friend  where  standing  looking  in  my  direction  and  examining  me  up  and  down  with  their  eyes.  As  I  made  my  way  reluctantly  towards  the  two,  I  heard  the  blonde  lady  remark  at  how  grown  up  I  had  gotten.  Did  I  know  who  she  was? 
“Samantha…”  My  Mother  greets  me  as  a  slight  frown  forms  on  her  face  as  she  realises  that  I  had  put  in  substantially  less  effort  in  my  appearance  for  meeting  the  neighbours  than  she  had,  “This  is  Emily”  my  mother  told  me  smiling.  She  always  looking  pristine  in  her  appearance  without  even  an  eyelash  out  of  place,  lucky  for  some I  guess.
Emily?  The  name  didn’t  ring  any  bells  in  my  mind,  but  those  beautiful  blue  eyes  of  hers  were  definitely  ones  I  had  seen  before,  but  where?  I  couldn’t  quite  put  my  finger  on  it.
“Nice  to  meet  you”  I  addressed  Emily  shyly  as  I  shifted  on  my  feet  attempting  to  cover  myself  up  with  my  pink  dressing  gown,  in  an  attempt  to  vanish  into  thin  air.  It  didn’t  work. Instead  I  found  my  face  subject  to  the  gentle  gaze  of  this  lady’s  eyes  as  she  examined  my  face  while  I,  more  than  likely,  mirrored  her  actions  attempting  to  recall  the  face  in  front  of  me.  How  did  I  know  her?
“Good  to  meet  you  again  Samantha,  it  must  have  been  at  least  four  years  since  I  last  seen  you,  and  my  you  have  grown  into  a  beautiful  young  woman”  She  told  me,  causing  my  cheeks  to  heat  up  and  turn  a  no  doubt  crimson  red  against  my  natural  pale  skin.   This  stranger  had  just  called  me  beautiful  looking  like  this?  The  stress  of  moving  must  have  gone  to  her  head.
“I  hope  we  can  all  catch  up  sometime”  my  mother  tells  her,  adamant  that  I  will be  spending  more  time  with  this  mysterious  woman  who  apparently  knows  everything  about  me. How  exciting.  On  the  upside,  there  doesn’t  appear  to  be  any  crying  children  which  is  always  a  bonus.
But  yet  I  couldn’t  work  out  who  this  lady  was,  that  is  until  I  spotted  him.

Authors note: Thanks for reading my new story 'Best Friends Forever?', be sure to  comment, vote and follow for future updates. If you liked this, you may also like my other book Bromance, so check it out! Thanks - Jdot95