Darius.

Chapter 2:

Darius POV:

The one named Myah tries to pull Jared off her. "Stop it now. You are coming with us and that's that", Jared shouts at her.

"Why do you people want me", she asks.

"Well when we get back to the house. One of us will choose to be your mate", Adam says to her.

"Mate?" she asks.

"You will basically be like a wife to them", Dominic says.

"But I don't want one of you to be my husband", she shouts back.

"She's a feisty one, isn't she", Jared sneers.

"Take me back now", she shouts.

"We can't. Now stop bugging us", Jared says. She doesn't say anything till we get to the house.

"Where is she?" Chase the alpha asks when we come back.

"Here", Jared says, pushing her to her knees in front of Chase.

"Hmm I like. Who picked her?" Chase asks.

"She volunteered instead of her friend", I say.

"Interesting, what is your name?" Chase asks her.

"None of your business", she answers.

"Yes it is if I am going to be your mate", Chase says.

"I'm not being any of your mate", Myah says.

"Yes you will. Now join me and my pack for dinner", Chase says. "Would you show her to her room so she can clean up Darius", Chase says to me.

"Of course", I say. I grab her hand and lead her to her bedroom. I open her door and lead her to her bed.

"Sit down and I will get you some clothes and put on a hot bath", I say. She nods her head. I put on the bath and come back to her bedroom to see her trying to get out the window.

"Stop!" I shout at her.

"Let me go. I won't be one of your prisoners", she says. I lift her away from the window and lie her on her bed.

"I know it isn't fair us taking you. But it is a tradition that we do every fifty years. You and your village should now that", I say to her.

"Why don't you all mate with your girl shape-shifters? Why do you take humans."

"We take a human one every fifty years. One of us shape-shifters takes you as our mate. It is usually the alpha. The others that don't get you as their mate take one of the girl shape-shifters to be theirs instead", I say.

"It's cruel to take people from their homes and families", she says.

"I know I don't agree with it but I must do what the alpha says", I say. She starts to cry. "Don't be sad, you can see them again someday maybe,"

"I want to see them now. Please help me get home", she asks me, her brown eyes twinkling in beauty.

"I'm sorry I would if I could", I say. Her head drops in disappointment.

"It's okay", she says.

"The baths ready and there is clothes for you to choose from in the cupboard over there", I say, pointing to the cupboard.

"Okay thanks", she says, cleaning her tears away then heads to the bathroom. I leave her room and join the others in the dining room. Everyone in the pack was sitting at the table so I sat down too.

"She's having a bath", I say to Chase.

"Good, I think we should get the ball rolling. Anybody that does want this girl to be their mate stand up", Chase says. Everyone stands up except the females and the males that already have mates.

"Okay, that's a lot of people", Jared says.

"I think we should let her decide who she wants", Dominic says.

"That sounds fair", Adam says.

"Okay we will let her decide", Chase says. After ten minutes of waiting for Myah Chase says to me, "Can you check and see if she's almost ready please Darius."

"Okay", I reply. I run to her bedroom with my incredibly fast werewolf speed. I knock on her door. "You done?"

"Almost", she replies. Two minutes later she opens her door. She has a beautiful purple dress on with black bows in her long wavy blonde hair.

I look into those brown eyes of hers and say, "You look gorgeous." She blushes.

"Thanks", she says, smiling at me. I loved her smile.

"It's Myah, isn't it?" I ask.

"Yes and yours is Darius?" she asks.

"Yeah, so we're having dinner, I'll show you the dining room", I say. She grabs my hand and I lead her to the dining room. When we enter everyone looks at us and then at our joined hands. I let go immediately. I show her to her chair and go to mine.

"So your name is?" Chase asks Myah.

"Myah", she replies quietly.

"Well Myah I'm Chase the Alpha. We have decided to let you choose who you want your mate to be", Chase says. She stiffens. "Obviously you will have time to decide. And when you think you know who you want you tell me". She nods her head. "Okay now that that's settled we can eat". We are finished eating a half an hour later. Myah looks very scared.

Adam seems to notice this too because he says, "No need to be afraid of us. We are normal beings too." But she still looks scared.

She gets up to leave but before she leaves through the door she says, "Darius could you come here a moment please." I get up and go over to her. "Could you walk me to my bedroo, I want someone I trust to be with me", she whispers in my ear.

"Sure" I reply. I walk her to her bedroom and show her where the night gowns are.

"Thank you", she says when I'm leaving.

"No problem, Goodnight".

"Goodnight", she says. I walk back to the dining room and find a few have gone to bed also.

"What did she want you for?" Jared asks me. I tried to think of an excuse but decide to just tell the truth.

"She wanted me to walk her to her room", I say. They was a silence for a few minutes. I decided to get some sleep so I walked out and went to bed.

Hey I'll upload more probably next week. Hope you enjoyed!