|pente|

Untouchable

All Rights Reserved

© 2014 Luna Black

~*~

The next morning, Ariel awoke with a jolt. She widened her eyes, unable to recognize her surroundings and let out a quiet squeal as she shut her eyes and hoped with all her might that the previous day had been but a dream.

It wasn’t.

No matter how many times she pinched her elbow, she didn’t wake up from her dream. With a loud groan, she fell back unto the comfortable pillows and smacked her hands on her face, covering it as she tried to assemble her thoughts.

There was no way in hell that she was with the God of the Dead, it just didn’t make sense. Out of all the people she could’ve been with, they sent her to the God of Death. It was ironic and painful; it reminded her of the pain she could cause to those around her.

Ariel sighed, running her fingers through her hair and grimaced at the excessive oil that it had produced. She needed to wash her hair and take a shower quickly, before she killed herself by the horrendous smell escaping her pores. Well it wasn’t exactly horrendous, but she was accustomed to taking showers every morning.

Her green eyes stared up at the canopy of the bed. The grey covering made her feel imprisoned in a way. It obscured a clear view from the ceiling and she suddenly felt suffocated. Of course, she could simply yank the grey net off, but the thought of something [or someone] keeping her prisoner terrified her.

She glanced down at her delicate fingers, no longer hidden in the leather gloves and she sighed, tracing the ridges of her hands gently. What she would give to have someone touch her hands and not die was indescribable.

She loved the bare touch of petals against her fingertips; she longed to touch something soft that would not wilt at the mere touch of her fingertips. She longed to touch the face of a lover, feel his smooth cheekbone underneath her hand and caress him lovingly.

But she could not do that, for she couldn’t think of enduring the pain of loss again. Her heart was shattered as it was, she couldn’t break the pieces any more than they were.

Ariel breathed out, running her hands up and down the smooth quilt underneath her and smiled. It was so soft it literally felt like it would melt in her fingers. The grouchy God surely had a nice taste in fabrics.

The girl slowly slid herself off the bed, closing her eyes in pleasure as her bare feet came into contact with the plush black carpet. At the sound of someone knocking on her door gently, her eyes snapped open.

Adrianne walked in the room pushing a silver cart with silver platters, she bowed her head at Ariel and smiled, “Milady,” she bit her bottom lip, remembering Ariel’s request to address her by her first name, but at the girl’s friendly smile, she continued, “I brought you some food. Master Hades didn’t know what you preferred to eat so I took the liberty to pick out a few fruits.”

Ariel smiled in return, walking towards the cart and looked down at it curiously. “I also brought you some towels and a robe so you can shower. Master Hades also said to provide you with a toothbrush.”

“Thanks, Adrianne,” she took the bathroom necessities and set them on the table before walking back to the cart and slowly uncovering one of the plates.

Freshly picked strawberries and grapes were scattered in the plate along with kiwi strips and oranges. Ariel breathed in sharply loving the fruity scent that filled the room and licked her lips as her mouth watered.

She quickly grabbed a fork and bit into a strawberry, moaning in delight as all the juices danced with her taste buds.

Adrianne grinned, walking over to a door across from the bed and opened it. “Here is your bathroom, Ariel. I shall prepare you a bath if you wish…?”