Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

-Blane's POV-

When I finally awoke hours later, a full night's worth of sleep and feeling like I had gotten the best sleep of my life, I was no longer feeling tired. My nameless mate still laid asleep besides me, breathing softly with her mouth cracked slightly open, snoring ever so faintly. I grinned at the adorable sight, it truly kicking in how lucky I am with the mate I was destined to be with for eternity. Now that she had completed her transformation, her fair skin had now lost any of the blemishes it had before, and her hair had a healthy shine to it, her vampireyness enhancing her naturally perfect looks.

I never thought I would end up mated to a vampire, actually no wolf does. Werewolves and vampires are naturally sworn enemies, on opposites ends of the scale of good and evil. We're not biologically designed to mesh together, wolves are generally destined to be mated to other wolves, and on the very rare occasion, mated to humans. There's been a few cases of a wolf's human mate being turned into a vampire, but the bond will only work when it has already been established beforehand. A wolf will never be able to feel the mate pull to its destined mate if they've already turned, hence why we don't genetically mesh together. Also, cross breeding wouldn't work, only same species are capable of reproducing, so the poor mated pairs with one being a vampire will never be able to have children together. Nor do vampires have predestined mates, unless they were mated to a wolf as a human, and a born vampire is twice as powerful as a turned one and the only ones capable of turning humans. That is why the Chosen One is so remarkably special and valuable to both species, the only possible hybrid, it's powers far superior of any of the species, the potential perfect weapon in our war for either side.

I knew of the very basics, the common knowledge of the Chosen One, as it wasn't something taught to us wolves, at least not anything in the past few centuries, so far being irrelevant to all us alive. But I knew I needed to know everything that there was possibly to know about the Chosen One now that my mate was very likely it, our lives wouldn't be as an ordinary mated pair, or even as an ordinary king and queen werewolf. No, our lives will be far more complicated, and I needed to do my very best to prepare myself and my mate for what will lie ahead of us.

It had been a while since I had awoken and my mate was still sound asleep, I wasn't too worried as I suspected everyone reacted differently to their bodies taking on the change to a vampire. As much as I wished I could stay until she awoke, I knew it would be best if I could answer as many questions as possible when she did finally wake up, I never wanted my mate to feel like she was in the dark with me.

So, with that, I mind linked a few of my best and mated warriors to keep guard of my house and prevent any nosy pack members from trying to introduce themselves and disturb my sleeping mate. I also asked Luca to come over and stay downstairs and report to me if she wakes up whilst I'm gone, but to not disturb her. I knew for sure word had gone around the pack that I had found my mate, their Luna, but word had not yet gotten out that their Luna is a vampire. There wouldn't be an uproar, but there definitely would be an adjusting period for many, and full acceptance wouldn't happen until we mated, her gaining a wolf will definitely work in our favor for winning pack members over. Merely telling them she is the Chosen One wouldn't be as effective as many in the current younger generations just thought of the Chosen One as a myth, a supernatural legend passed on from generation to generation as bedtime stories to children.

When Luca arrived at my house, I took my leave to the packs royal library and pulled out any books that mentioned anything about the Chosen One, somewhat disappointed at how little material we had on the subject. After double checking that I had every possible book, I settled in a private part of the library so I wouldn't be disturbed and was kept busy reading for the entirety of the day.

Stretching out my neck and rolling my shoulders back, groaning at my aching back from being seated all day reading, I check the time and saw it was almost nine in the evening. Slamming the last book shut, I stood, thankful for the speed wolves can read at, otherwise as a human I would be here much longer still reading.

Walking back towards my house, I realized Luca hadn't mind linked me of my mate awakening and my concern started to rise. So, I mind linked Luca and he confirmed that she had not yet awoken. I mind linked Sam next, asking her to meet me at my house to check on my mate.

I arrived home and dismissed the warriors outside my house and entered to find Luca in my living room watching tv, who switched it off and stood to face me when he noticed my presence.

"Sorry that it took all day. Thanks again for this." I told him sincerely.

"All good Blane, I raided your fridge as payment. You might want to restock on a couple things." Luca grinned at me.

Laughing softly, I playfully rolled my eyes at one of my best friends. "Okay, out you go now, I need to see my mate."

"You wound me Alpha!" Luca playfully gasped. "Kicked out like a finished one-night stand!"

Snorting out a laugh, I pushed Luca towards the front door and he finally took his leave. When the door closed, I hurried upstairs towards my bedroom, eager to see my mate again.

I walked in and beelined towards my bed, my worry easing some as I noticed she was still breathing normally. I softly stroked her check and my wolf eased up in his worries at the feeling of the sparks between us shot up my fingers.

I was interrupted in my admiration at my mate by a soft knock on the front door downstairs. Knowing it was Sam, I mind linked her letting her know the door was unlocked and to let herself in and come to the master bedroom upstairs. Moments later, Sam walked in.

"What seems to be wrong, Alpha?" Sam asked, moving closer to see my mate.

"She's been asleep for over 24 hours since the last time she briefly was awake for." I couldn't prevent the slight sound of worry from entering my voice.

"That doesn't sound normal. I know changing is different for everyone and time can vary, but this seems longer than the usual." Sam frowned in confusion. "Wait, you said since the last time she was awake? When and for how long was she awake?"

"Yesterday evening, just after the sun had set. Only for a few minutes, we spoke and the shock of everything made her pass out. She's been out and unmoving, minus for breathing, since." I answered Sam, frowning when her eyes widened in shock.

"She hasn't fed yet?"

"Fed...?"

"Blood. A vampire always needs to feed once they awaken for the first time for their bodies to gain strength and recover from the toll their body go through to undergo the change."

"Oh..." Now I felt a bit of an idiot for not knowing that. "So, what can we do? She can't wake up from being too weak from not having fed yet, but we can't feed her because she's asleep."

"I can give her a small blood transfusion, that should do it to wake her up soon, but she'll still need to consume blood herself the next time she awakes."

"Okay, let's do that." I agreed with the plan.

Sam left briefly to go fetch some blood bags and what was needed from the pack infirmary and was soon back and beginning the transfusion on my mate.

Once she was done, I thanked her and she packed up and left with a nod of her head and a small smile, asking to be let know when my mate wakes up.

And once again I was left waiting for my mate to awaken. I settled in beside her on the bed and started to think over and prepare how I was going to tell her everything and do my best to stop her from freaking out at the new world she had been brutally thrown into. 

A/N: Hey guys, sorry this was a bit later than I thought it was going to be. 

But completely new, rewritten chapter, longer than the original. Nothing too exciting, just a filler chapter, sorry. 

Hope you still enjoyed! Please vote if you did :)

Sabrina <3