Chapter 14

• Dedicated to Trinidad and Tobago Olympic 4 x 400m team

A/N: Sorry, I am convinced my chapters for this story can't be any longer than three pages, it's like it is impossible for me. Mainly due to the fact that I feel it needs to be short and simple... don't hate. Lots of writers are like that (eg: James Patterson stories have chapters around two pages *not that I am as talented, duh!-*) Anyhow... enjoy (it's short but oh well... ;) )

_______________________________________________________________________________

      "No hug? No smiles?" she asked tightly glaring at our entertwined hands probably trying to bore a hole in them. It made me anxious, this lady was cold and scary. Like my dad, I thought uncomfortably.

     "Hi mom, long time no see... what do you want today?" he threw in a smile to make it seem less rude than it obviously was.

    She sighed. "I wanted to speak to your... friend." 

   That 'friend' was most likely me, she probably was still uncomfortable with me being his bad-blooded mate. Like I cared... okay, okay. I did. I cared a lot. I mean, if the guy you loved's parents didn't like you how were you supposed to feel? Happy? Of course not, it was awful it made me feel like sh*t. She made me feel like sh*t.

     I felt an uncomfortable gaze at the side of my head and turned to see Christian looking at me, jaw -dropped in horror. Oops... guess he heard my thoughts.

     "Close your mouth Christian, it isn't attractive."

      I was afraid to think now... so I actually blocked Chris out; now back to my rantings and deep, personal affairs. Christian couldn't not be attractive if he threw himself into a vat of toxic waste, went bald and gained three hundred pounds.

     Thinking about it, it made me realise he would be unattractive and creepy but he would have to try really hard to be unattractive- he was too sexy for his own good and mine too. Especially when I wanted to be mad at him.

   "Get out." I heard him say through clenched teeth.

   "Excuse me?" she said dragging out the 'u' like a sassy teenager would, like Maia does all the time actually.

    "Get out. Now. Leave my house. Don't--" I cut him off.

    "Christian, at least hear her out." I whispered.

     His grip on mine tightened and it went from loving, romantic and protective to scary, unwelcome and painful in a few moments.

     His eyes bulged out of his sockets and I cut him off before he could say anything in protest, I may not have been her biggest fan and vice versa but I was curious as to why Mama Bear even stopped by in the first place. She had made it clear the first and only time we had met how disgusted I had made her, still, I was curious.

   "It can't be that bad." I reasoned.

   He sighed and looked at me for a few moments but turned his attention back towards his mom and motioned for her to continue.

    "Well," she began, "I was just wondering when the pack would have the displeasure of meeting your friend. Just so you know I am totally disgusted by that," she pointed at me, "but your father was curious."

     Silence... more silence... 

      "Hell no! You came all the way over here just to insult me?!" I was fuming.

      She snapped her eyes towards me. "I'm just being honest, dear."

     "What is your problem? What have I ever done to you? Okay- I am really sorry that I am not who you expected your son's mate to be; I'm sorry that you won't be getting 'good-blooded grandkids' and that your family line is going to 'fall through the cracks'. But that isn't all on me... Fate. Blame Fate, Fate put Chris and I together, Fate wanted us together for a reason. Probably to teach you a lesson."

    She narrowed her eyes. "And what lesson does Fate want to teach me?"

    I smiled tersely. "Fate says that your a shi**y mom for not being happy for your son. If you were a real parent and you actually cared about Christian then you wouldn't care what line his mate came from.  A good parent... a real parent would only care about what made her kids happy. And you're not supposed to even care about my bloodline because if you were a good parent you would only care about what or who makes your son happy even if it's the girl whom you hate the most."

    With that I pushed passed the gaping woman and ran out the door into the woods that surrounded the property.

    Which, I would come to know was a bittersweet thing to do...

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 

VOTE! (I need support :) )

COMMENT! (I love to read the comments... so please do comment. I really want at least five :) )

FAN! ( I have a goal to reach of at least 50 fans... help a sista out :) )

                                                                                                                                 -xoxo