|tria|

Untouchable

All Rights Reserved

© 2014 Luna Black

~*~

The snake-man chortled, throwing back his head, resulting in his cloak revealing his identity. Ariel widened her eyes, her fingers flying up to cover her mouth before a loud gasp would escape her lips.

His skin was a pale sickening green with yellow scales overlapping each other. His lips were a darker mint green but completely chapped and thin. He slithered his snake-tongue out, making a hissing noise as he stepped closer to Ariel and she tripped backwards.

Her back pressed against the brick wall behind her and she breathed in quickly. The snake-man eyed her slowly, his yellow eyes glowing with mischief and want. "Who are you to tell me what to do, scoundrel?"

The man behind them let out a loud chortle, sounding cold and completely humourless. "My identity is of no importance to you, Demos. Now let the girl go before I call upon the Praxidike."

For a moment, Ariel swore she saw "Demos'" yellow eyes widening in fear and he bowed his head, gritting his teeth and muttered something in a language that she could not understand. "You do not get her that easy, human."

"You think I am human?" The man stepped closer, enabling Ariel from seeing his face-and to say the least, she was disappointed.

From the way he carried himself and spoke with such authority, she was expecting a tall man with burly arms and a glare that could kill anything on his way. But her saviour was the complete opposite.

His golden curls would put Goldilocks to writhe with jealousy wherever she was and his eyes were so blue, she thought she was staring at a day's sky. He was about inches taller than her and although he might have had muscle underneath his garments, he seemed lanky. Short and lanky.

Ariel rolled her eyes, realizing that now she'd have to save herself and her wannabe saviour from the snake-man.

Goldilocks stepped closer, walking past Ariel and stood right in front of the creature. "You think you can go above a God, Demos? I will have Ares skin you alive and use you as a rug."

"You?" The creature laughed, holding unto his stomach with thin, long, almost skeleton-like fingers, "A God? You humour me. Nonetheless, I'll let you have the girl. I've more important matters to care for, just know I'll come back and I won't let you keep her."

In the blink of an eye, the creature disappeared, leaving behind a green coloured mist and a stench of burnt rubber. Ariel crinkled her nose and began to slowly step back from Goldilocks before he turned to her and smiled brightly.

"Hi I'm Herm-" he cleared his throat, realizing that he was going to reveal his identity to her and finished off plainly, "-an. I'm Herman, what's your name?"

"Uh," Ariel forced out a smile, still walking backwards slowly and said, "I've got to go. I need to feed my uh, turtle."

Herman rolled his blue eyes, placing his hands on his hips and turned to her with an annoyed look on her face. "You've no turtle in your home."

She frowned. "How do you know-you know what? I don't even want to know how you know that. I'm just going to go home and forget this strange night ever happened."

He tsk'ed his tongue, shaking his head as he walked behind her slowly, but not menacingly, "Ha-" he cleared his throat, once more, "Haynes won't be pleased, milady."

She turned to look at him, scowling and said, "Will you stop following me?! I will call the police."

He shrugged. "They won't do a thing for they cannot see me."