Book One: Chapter 1

Applejack was sitting in the den of the Apple Family home when the mail pony, Derpy, knocked on her door. Puzzled, she got up, pulled the door open, and accepted the letter Derpy gave her. She looked and saw it was from Fluttershy. Applejack quickly opened it and began to read, it said:

Dear Applejack,

I have something I would like to ask you. Please meet me at Pinkie's at noon, that is, if you're not busy. I know you can be with working the farm. Anyways, I hope to see you soon.

Your Friend,

Fluttershy

Applejack looked at the clock which read 11:15 am. She quickly set the letter down and bolted from her house. The orange pony reached Sugar Cube Corner just in time and was slightly panting as she pushed the doors open.

---FlashBack---

Fluttershy looked at the time and hoped that her friend had gotten her letter in time. She sighed as thoughts of doubt began to collect in her mind. She wasn't any good at interpreting her feelings, and felt she even more anxious as she was trying to pursue them.

Oh my, what if AJ gets upset? What if he doesn't like me.. what if..

Fluttershy's thoughts were interrupted as Applejack walked in seeming exhausted. She sat down and looked at Fluttershy.

"Heya Fluttershy, what's on your mind?" she asked kindly, noticing that the yellow pegasus seemed tense.

" Well..I, I was uhm..wondering if .. well.. if ..Big Mac.." Fluttershy gulped, "If he.. likes anypony?" She ended with a small squeak.

Applejack looked fondly at her friend, who had just hidden her bright red face behind her pink mane. Then it clicked, and Applejack realized that her timid friend held feelings for her brother.

It almost seemed suiting to Applejack, if she was being honest with herself. They were both quiet and just went about their days without much interruptions. Well, except for the times that Fluttershy gets called to Canterlot with the of  their friends by Princess Celestia.

"Well, I don't really like to pry into his personal life but I have been hearing that he does like somepony. I'm not sure who, though." Applejack responded truthfully, well, maybe a bit too much.

She saw a crushed Fluttershy. Her heart seized seeing how sad it made her.

"I could talk to him if ya'd like." Applejack said, trying to comfort her friend.

Fluttershy thought and nodded her head, feeling more hopeful.

"I'd really appreciate it Applejack! Thank you!" Fluttershy said joyously, and threw her arms around her friend.

The earth pony chuckled a bit and released Fluttershy from the embrace. Then, looking at the time AJ said, "Well, Fluttershy I got some chores to do around the farm. I'll talk to him and letcha know, alright. Bye!"

Applejack pushed open the door to leave Sugar Cube Corner with her mind swirling. How was she to approach the topic with  Big Mac? She sighed quietly to herself as she began to make her way back home.