Chapter Eighteen ~ Nasty Perveted Old Man

Chapter Eighteen ~ Nasty Perverted Old Man

Long updates are always the best updates ;)

Not edited, again. 

Ava Chance.

Ay caramba.

My eyes went wide, my jaw fell, and I was pretty much frozen in my spot.

No, no, no. This couldn't be happening.

"Hello Ava." He smirked while standing in front of me where no one else was in sight. "Long time no see."

I gulped the baseball down that was forming in my throat, breathed in, breathed out- "Hey Coach."

If it wasn't for the beard now forming along his jaw, the few pounds loss and the noticeable lack of hygiene, I would have never of guess he was missing for few months. But since he looked the way he was, I was assuming he was on the streets.

Trying to side-step him failed, because just like I assumed he was not having that and he blocked me. 

"Ah- Ah- Ah." Waving his dirty finger in my bubble, as he smirked. "Not so fast."

"Yes, fast- Very fast indeed." I said quickly but surprizing myself with how firm I sounded.

"But you haven't been dismissed?"

"The bell rung." Duh.

"The teacher dismisses you, not the bell." With an obvious hint of frustration he said through his teeth, "And- Oh! Would you look at that, I'm the teacher."

"But Coach, My grandma-"

"Frankly I don't give two craps, if you're not going to listen to me, then ten laps." Raising an eyebrow, as if he was daring me.

"I. Need. To. Leave." Oh- I dared.

"Ten laps!" He screamed even though I was less than two feet away. "Chop, Chop!"

"Coach!"

"Ten laps, Ava!"

I closed my eyes to keep my temper from rising because I knew what this man was capable of so with a groan- and a loud one for him to hear, I started to run.

 But being the observant person I am, as I ran I began to think that what if he wasn't meant to be this crazy, that there was a reason for this, a real story.

Because that's what I was taught ever since I was able to speak- No matter how weird, crazy, or scary a person may be, they all have some sort of story- tragic or not.

And to not judge to quickly because if you judge someone to quickly how are you ever supposed to make friends? Everyone has a past, which may not be told but still matters.

And when I looked over to Coach I saw a boy screaming for help inside an old man's body. He paced as if he was fighting with himself, even hitting himself from time to time.

But that didn't change the fact that I knew I had to be cautions around him, little things set him off, and he is cable of very, very bad things.

But that wasn't all I thought about- Ten laps were a long time.

What I had said about Cooper was because Milo set me off- I wanted away from Milo, I wanted him off my back. But somehow I knew that, that wasn't the only reason, there were real feelings there that I was just too afraid to admit.

Soon these feelings and thoughts were set to the back of my mind as the ten laps came to an end while I stopped around ten feet away from Coach, muttering "Done" Just loud enough for him to hear.