Prologue

Alethia and Torrey

Hello everyone! This is a new story by @MileniaStar and @alybby1 . YAY! I hope you guys like it, be sure to comment below and tell us what you think.

LOVE YOU!

Prologue

“Okay, Mr. and Mrs. Charleston, we have reviewed your children’s scores and would like to...run some more tests,” the psychologist said.

“Was there a problem?” My mother asked, nervously.

“No, of course not. At only eight years old, your children are exceptionally smart; they scored higher than anyone else that has ever taken it.” She sneered.

“Wow, that’s incredible! I always told you our children were special.” My father beamed with pride. My brother and I have been in this strange place for the past two hours and we were getting extremely bored. I looked at my twin and we nodded simultaneously. There was no way that we wanted to stay here for more testing.

“Mum, we don’t want to stay any longer,” Asher whined.

“I’m sorry my little darlings, but we need you to stay just a little bit more. If you continue to test well, it will mean great things for you and your sister. Isn’t that right, Doctor?” Mum reached out and rubbed Asher’s back affectionately.

“Yes, if you two would just come with me. There should be only one more test for you to take,” the psychologist instructed, while guiding us to another room.

“Then we can go home?” I asked, hoping for the best.

“Yes, of course, home. Mr. and Mrs. Charleston, the nurse will take you to the waiting room,” the woman said. Out of nowhere another woman popped up. She was much younger than the other lady and wasn’t dressed in a nurse’s uniform; there was something about her that was just...off. The doctor guided my brother and me away from our parents.

“We’ll see you in a little bit, Asher and Lilia, don’t worry,” my father said, just before he went off into the room, his voice soothing. We were ushered into a blindingly white room with two white desks in the center. This room was a lot different from the two other rooms that we tested in. The woman beckoned us to sit down and wait for further instructions.

“I don’t like it in here, Lilia. I want to go find mum and dad.” Asher turned in his desk to face me.

“I don’t like it here either. Once this is done, mum and dad will come get us, won’t they?”

“Of course, Lil,” Asher grasped Lil’s hand in his own and gave it a comforting squeeze. At that moment, a man that we’ve never seen before walked into the room. He was dressed in an all black suit that stood out against the white room. He stopped in front of us and stared for a moment, and then he held out his hand. He withdrew his hand when neither of us moved to shake it.

“Hello children, my name is Lucien. I would like to formally invite you to The Agency. Our mission is to better the world by using our special skills. We recruit the most brilliant children from all over the world who show great potential. In our line of work, we get rid of threats to our society. Welcome to your new home.” He informed. I didn’t want a new home, I was just fine with the one we had.

“We don’t want to be in your ‘Agency’, we want to go home with our mum and dad, where we belong.”

“Joining us is the only option, you will be serving your country, it’s a great honor.” Lucien snarled.

“We want to see our parents now, take us to them,” Asher demanded.

“If you wish.” Lucien walked towards the door. We eagerly sprung up from our seats, and followed him out. We walked past the room that our parents were supposed to be waiting in, I gave Ash a confused glance.

He led us down a very long, narrow corridor that didn’t resemble the rest of the building. After awhile of walking, we must have reached our destination because he stopped in front of a thick, dead-bolted door. I had my suspicions but I had no choice but to continue, I needed to get to my parents so that we could leave this place.

“Right this way, children.” Lucien gestured us inside, we were instantly plunged into darkness. We tried to turn back around, but we heard the lock click behind us. He didn’t even give our eyes a chance to adjust before we were rushed onward, so we went, growing more fearful by the second. I felt Ash grab onto my hand, and it helped me hold back the tears.

“Be careful of the stairs, children.” We cautiously proceeded, until we reached the bottom of the thick steps, the only light coming from a single glass window.

On the other side of the window, chained to the wall, bloody and beaten, were our parents. At that moment I could no longer hold back my tears, I broke into hysterics. I looked at my brother and he also had silent tears streaming down his face.

“Mum! Dad!” I screamed and ran to the glass window.

“What is this? Let our parents go!” Ash shouted, and lunged for Lucien. He couldn’t do any harm to the grown man though, and Lucien restrained him easily.

 “Now now, children, this is for the best.” He coaxed.

“No!” We shouted. Lucien dug an odd looking out of his pocket.

“Send them in.” He whispered into the object. Suddenly, two burly men stepped into the room that held our parents, carrying guns, and aimed them at our mother and father. Ash clawed at Lucien, trying to escape his hold.

With a dark gleam in his eye, Lucien said, “Trust me, this is for the best.”

“Mum!”

 “Dad!”

Ears ringing, we both sank to our knees with tears streaming down our faces. I had never felt so empty and cold in my entire life.

“Welcome to The Agency, your new home.”

I woke up in a cold sweat.

_____________________________________________________________________________

So did you guys like it? 

Tell us what you think. Thank you for reading. 

Also be sure to check out An Assassin's Trust by @alybby1 if you haven't already. :)