Chapter 4: Suspicious Cousins

"Tania, you're up!" My gym teacher calls.

"Coming!" I reply as Sharpner hands me the bat.

Today we were finishing up our baseball unit with a tournament. Gohan, Videl, and Erasa were on a different team from Sharpner and I. I got up to the plate and pointed my finger to the sky.

"Hey Gohan!" I shout to the pitcher. "I'm getting this home run and leading my team to victory whether you like it or not!"

Gohan smirked and repeatedly bounced the baseball in and out of his hand. "Well... we'll have to see about that."

"You can strike her out Gohan!" Erasa cheered from right field.

"Better make this count too... or else." Videl glares at the demi-saiyan.

The young man swallowed nervously.

"No way Nerd Boy is gonna strike Tania out, so keep dreaming!" Sharpner yells at the opposing team from the bench.

I'd love to see Gohan strike me out.

I gripped the bat. "When you're ready."

"Sorry, but coach, do you mind if we take a quick break?" Gohan suddenly asks. The entire class fell over.

"You can't be serious man!" A guy on Gohan's team snaps.

"Yeah! What's the hold up? This will determine who's gonna win!" A female from my team complained.

I lightened my grip. Why would Gohan ask for a break? He must be under pressure hehe.

"Uhh, yeah... Sure son, we can take a small break." The coach agreed while everyone pouted.

As everyone began to talk to one another, I went over to my boyfriend.

"How come you stopped the game? Is there something wrong?"

Goku's son placed his arms behind his head and laughed awkwardly. "No. Well, I mean... kinda."

He then leaned over and whispered into my ear.

"You're not really going to hit the ball, are you?"

"Isn't that how you play?"

"Yeah, but you know what it would mean if you actually smack the baseball..."

"Oh! You don't need to worry about me showing them my strength. No need to worry." I promised.

Gohan backed away and smiled. "Great. Don't use too much strength."

A cough catches our attention. I look to my right and there stood Erasa, Videl, and Sharpner.

Videl, who has her arms crossed, steps in front of Gohan. "You know we gotta win this to earn some extra credit, don't you? So then, what's the hold up?"

"Sorry, but all this got me a bit nervous." Gohan gives his excuse.

"Figures." Sharpner chuckles.

Erasa jabbed her friend on the arm. "Why are you so mean to sweet Gohan? He hasn't done anything to you."

Gohan scratched his head.

The blonde teen girl moved out of her spot. As she got closer to Gohan, I could feel myself frowning.

"Gohan shouldn't be treated so harsh." She says, continuing her way over, batting her eyelashes at him.

Before she could even lay a finger on my boyfriend, I hooked my arm around his.