The dark is scary

"Bye Ingrid, I really hope you feel better. Take good care of her, Luke." I say at the door with Joey at my side.

Ingrid smiles at me. "Don't worry about it," Luke assures.

We all hug goodbye and Joey closes the door. "I'm really tired," he says. "I'll be taking a nap, wake me up if you need me."

I nod and grab my laptop from the table in the living room, where I left it. I grab a kitchen chair and carry it outside on the little porch. I start my laptop and wait for everything to load.

So much has happened in the past 4 days. I look down and imagined me catching Joey's camera. I must have had that weird face I put when I panic. I smile, remembering every detail.

My laptop finally is completely on, and I opened a browser. I decide to go to YouTube. Then it hits me: it's been 3 days since either Luke, Joey, or Ingrid had posted anything on YouTube, Twitter, or anything else. What do all the fans think?

I quickly locate Joey's last vlog, the one where he showed me for the first time after playing Minecraft. The two too comments are practically the same: Where the hell is Joey?

I search up Luke's last vlog and the questions are everywhere. They should have posted something on twitter, at least.

I wander into tumblr, where all the Joey blogs I follow have the same question: Where is Joey?

I decide to brighten my mood, so I decide to catch up on my YouTube subscriptions. A few Shane Dawson vlogs I haven't watched and a new AmazingPhil video. I watch them and end up watching old videos from them both.

I end up killing about three hours. By then, the sky has started rumbling and the clouds have gotten dark and heavy. The sun is completely gone and the moon has taken its place. I finally realize I'm freezing to death, and hurry back inside, feeling the first few droplets of rain.

I make it back inside. I set down my laptop and return the chair. I am too cold to just make it with the light shirt I was wearing, so I tip toe into Joey's room. He's snoring, and I giggle quietly. He still looks adorable when he's sleeping. I rummage through my things and pull out a big warm hoodie and sweatpants.

Well he's sleeping...he won't see me. I pull my pants down and quickly change into the sweatpants. Slipping the hoodie on, I quietly go back to the living room.

I glance out the window and the light shower of rain has now turned into storm rage mode. The wind howls and hard rain pounds against the glass door. I yawn, as I'm really tired from the long day. I'll let Joey sleep in his bed, he deserves it. I use my hand a pillow, pull up the hood on my hoodie, and even though I'm freezing, instantly fall asleep.

~

My eyes spring open, at the sound of lightning striking. I'm alone, in a dark room, a full on storm raging outside. I hate the dark. I hate it. You just never know what's in it. I know there's a lamp nearby. I reach around blindly for it, and finally find it. I turn the knob to turn it on, but nothing happens. I turn it again. Nothing. Damn, the power must be out.

I hurry to the one place where I'd be ok: Joey's room. I practically sprint there, afraid something will get me on the way.

"Joey..." I whisper. Very loud thunder is followed by a flash of lightning, and I squeal as the room is temporarily lighted up. "Joey!" I say louder.

"Aria?" Joey's groggy voice says. He sits up slowly and runs his eyes. "Oh crap, I'm so sorry, I forgot to get up so you could sleep here."

"That's completely fine." I jump at the sound of thunder.

Joey laughs. "Come here, I'm not going to let you be alone in that big dark living room," he takes my hand and pulls me into his bed.

I hope this room is dark enough to hide my huge smile.

Joey wraps his arms around me and I instantly feel so much better. My shivering body is instantly heated. The moment my head touches the pillow, I fall asleep, unable to fully soak in the moment.

Hello:3 sorry not much happened in this chapter, I'll make it up in the next one :D

-America