Ch.3

"I have a boyfriend."

After I said it, his face- for only a millisecond- turned into a disappointed frown, but quickly changed into a blank stare. He didn't say anything for a while, and I couldn't tell what he was thinking- his facial expression gave nothing away. 

Finally, he spoke. "I am so sorry, Mackenzie, I shouldn't have done that. It was very inappropriate for a teacher to do. I didn't mean anything by it, I see you as my student and nothing more."

When I heard that last sentence come out of his mouth, a whirlwind of emotion overcame my body. I was sad, because he didn't feel the same way about me as I feel about him. I was angry, because he kissed me and it meant nothing to him- does he go around kissing all of his students? I was heartbroken, because I realized that I was the only one who felt the fireworks in that kiss. And most of all, I was confused, because even though this man had just hurt me, I still felt deep adoration towards him.

I plastered a small smile on my face, praying that Mr.Styles would not be able to see everything I was feeling inside. I stood up and put all my belongings back into my backpack. "I think I should go."

Mr.Styles nodded, walking me to his apartment door. I gave him a slight wave, and was about to walk out when he said my name.

I turned my gave back at him, very curious to what he had to say. "Yeah?"

He took a breath. "Can what happened stay between you and me?"

I bobbed my head up and down. "Of course."

**

I woke up the next morning dreading school. Things were going to be weird in Mr.Styles' class… I found myself dreading the last period of the day for the first time this year. Usually all of my classes went by slowly, but today, they past by quickly. 

At lunch, I was having a normal conversation with Kennedi, Carter, and Tyler, like always, but this time I was trying to forget about what happened the day before. I couldn't even look at Tyler without my brain flashing to a picture of Mr.Styles' leaning in for the kiss. I felt guilty, annoyed, and regretful. The only thing that made me feel worse was the next thing Kennedi said to me, in front of both Carter and Tyler.

"So how was your date with Mr.SexyPants?"

I was about to object, but Tyler spoke. "What is she talking about Mackenzie?"

I looked at Kennedi, and shot her a dirty look. My eyes flickered back to Tyler, who basically had steam coming out of his ears. "It wasn't a date, Tyler. I was just getting tutored by Mr.Styles."

He wasn't satisfied with my answer. "I heard about that guy… seems like a real prick. He better not make a move on you, even though I don't know what he would see in you."

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the kind of person my boyfriend has become. A mean, overbearing, horrible twat.