Chapter 14.

(PAST)

(Paris' Point of View)

My eyes are still swollen as I sit on my bed, Dixie tucked between my chest and raised knees, my feet flat on the mattress. I'm thinking of Alex. I drape my arm over Dixie's head and my thumb pushes the ring on my ring finger. It is the replica of the ring Alex wears and how he lied to me that day when I asked him about it. I can't believe he was wearing his wedding ring and lied saying it proved he was the King of asshole. And I can't believe me he still has my wedding ring. I assumed Addison or Miranda had given it back him and he threw it out.

Tears sting the outer edges of my eyes, threatening to spill over again to my cheeks. My toes curl pinching the bed sheet. I gaze toward the ceiling, forcing them to disappear.

I become more and more frustrated by my inability to empty my head of the events from the night. I don't know how many times I go over it. Over and over, again and again.

Maybe I do mean something more to him. If he has been wearing his ring all along, maybe he was hinting on something, as he could not say it out right — Dominant ego you see.

I don't think I can wait until tomorrow. I need to see him now.

With a feeling of exhilaration, I jump into the shower and make myself up before stepping into an outfit that I am sure he will love.

I throw on my coat, grab my wedding ring and race out the door, while dialling Alex's cell.

As soon as I step out the door, someone takes my phone from my hand. I stumble to a halt. My head snap up and George comes in my view. "Where are you going, Sasha?"

He's here? Oh, my God, he's here! I start to sweat.

"Dan ... George?" I mumble. My voice hoarse and raw as if I've been screaming.

A sly smile creeps to his lips. "It feels wonderful to finally hear my real name from that beautiful mouth of yours." He says disconnecting the call and steps up blocking my way.

"I have to be somewhere. I don't have time to talk right now." I say trying to get around him.

"I think you have time for me."

Tension coils in the pit of my stomach. "I don't have time right now. I am running late as it is. How about we get together tomorrow- for lunch or something?" I step back and I take notice four of his men scattering around my house.

"Alex's not here? Hmm, oh well. I assume you're running off to meet him? Tell me where and I will let you go."

I laugh nervously, sweeping my blond bangs to the side. "No, I have been seeing someone new and I ..."

His hand claims my wrist. I jolt like a frightened animal, jumping back a few steps and then I'm shoved up against the wall. I grunt as a sharp pain shoots through my body as my back hits the brick wall hard.

"I saw him bring you home." He spits and leans closer. "I know you went to the club to see Alex. Your cop friend is on the other side of town with his buddies, flirting with some other girls. So, tell me where are you going to meet him?"

I squirm stuck between the wall and him. "Let go of me, George." I grunt. "I know all about you and Alex and I don't want anything to do with either of you."

"Well, it's a little late for that now, isn't it?" George jerks me towards two of his men. But before they can touch me, I spin around right and kick the one closest in his gut. The man grunts and stumbles back.