Chapter 12

"You're okay!" He said kissing my forehead, "I've been so worried"

"How long was I out for?" I asked worried.

"About an hour" He said, "The punch was hard enough to knock you out, but not for too long"

"That girl...she knocked me out...cause I'm your girlfriend" I said slowly.

"Yeah babe, but I'll never let anything like that happen again!" Harry said taking my hands. I sat up and looked at him.

"Harry, I don't think I can do this anymore" I said softly looking down at my fingers.

"What do you mean?" He said stiffly. He knew exactly what I meant.

"Harry you know I love you, but what else can I do?" I said blinking back tears.

"Let me protect you, Emily" He said, voice cracking, "Please don't do this" He got close to me and I finally looked into his eyes.

"I'm sorry" I whispered full on bawling. He looked at me with pure sadness on his face before walking out of the hospital. While I was crying into my pillow I heard a door open.

"Hi Em" Danielle said gently, "The doctor says you can go home now, all your readings are normal"

I nodded and wiped my eyes.

"You're coming to my place" She said and put her arm around me. I grabbed my bags and we left. When we got to her apartment, she gave me sweatpants and a t-shirt. I threw the dress that Harry gave me into the corner. It was only a few hours ago that everything was perfect. I wiped all the makeup off my face and put my hair up. Then I rejoined Danielle.

"Here, Em" Danielle said handing my a cup of hot cocoa. I thanked her and sipped.

"So I guess you heard" I said.

"Well, yeah. Liam texted me that you and Harry broke up so I figured you'd need me" She said.

"I had to do it" I said tearing once again. She got up and hugged me.

"Emily, it's okay" She said, "Let's watch a movie, eh?"

(Sorry the recap was so long :( i just suck at em :))

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV NEW CHAPTERVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Five days and 20 missed calls later I still refused to leave my house. I laid staring up at the ceiling. No one to distact me from my pain, and no one to blame but myself. My doorbell rang and I ignored it. But it rang over and over again. I groaned and got up. 

"Danielle?" I said confused.

"What the heck Em?" She said annoyed and relieved, "Can you answer your phone please!?" I walked back up to my room with her on my heels and crawled back into my bed.

"Look I appreciate your concern but-" I started, but she cut me off.

"No, you're not living your life like this, Emily" She said angrily.

"Danielle I-" I started but I was once again interrupted.

"No. No, I get it. I do. You love Harry, but you can't just avoid life anymore" She said and I stared at her blankly. I knew she was right.

"Danielle.." I said softly.

"Call me when you're ready to face life again, Em" She said sadly and walked out of my house. As I watched her get into her car, I knew what I had to do now. I took a long hot shower and got dressed for the first time in days. Then I picked up my phone and scrolled through my missed calls. 5 were from Danielle and 15 were from Harry.