Chapter 2 - Part 2

Scarlett

I didn't have a lot of experience with guys. My straight black hair reached my shoulders and my eyes were a silver-gray color that darkened when I was angry. With all the working out I did, I was slender, and I wasn't really tall or short.

I'd had plenty of guys try asking me out, but my life had been too busy with training and taking over my responsibilities of my inheritance to do the usual teenage dating thing.

I wanted to have the type of love my parents had shared. I remembered the way my parents used to look at each other. One day I wanted to find someone to look at me that way.

In the meantime, I was going to finish school and then decide what I was going to do with the rest of my life.

I closed my locker and opened my schedule to see what and where my first class was.

As I tried to hunt down my first class for the day, I noticed the unusual looks I was getting from the other students as I walked down the hallway.

Being the new girl, I expected some curious looks, but the students who glanced in my direction looked at me with a watchfulness I'd never encountered before.

It was almost like they were wary of me. I shook my head. Perhaps I was imagining it. It didn't make sense—why would they be wary of me?

I ignored their watchful gazes and held my head high. I walked confidently into my first class of the day, taking a seat nearest to the window.

Students began filtering into the class as I flipped through my textbook. When my eyes drifted to the doorway of the classroom, I saw two male students watching me closely just a couple of feet from the door.

I didn't know what it was about this school, but most of the guys were gorgeous and well-built. Maybe there was something in the water.

The one with short blond hair crossed his arms over his chest as he watched me with open hostility. I was not one to be intimidated, so I glared back at him.

My response must have been unexpected because instantly the hostility vanished and he smiled at me. The guy next to him with the dark auburn hair let his eyes glance between the two of us before his eyes settled back on me. There wasn't any animosity in his eyes; he acted more curious than anything else.

My attention was pulled away from them when the teacher walked into the classroom and began the lesson. Thankfully the teacher wasn't interested in making me stand up and make a little speech about myself to the class. I was relieved.

I ignored the eyes that I could feel watching me and paid attention to the teacher. I was here to learn and pass my senior year. I wasn't here to worry about why most of the school population was watching me like I was going to try and attack them at any moment.

In my next class, Blake walked in to the room and when he spotted me he smiled and shook his head.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he walked over to the empty desk beside me and dropped down into the seat.

Was there no escaping this guy? He seemed to be everywhere and it was starting to annoy me.

"Miss me?" he asked with a smirk.

"I can't miss you if you won't go away," I retorted and he laughed.

"Cade is going to love you," he murmured to himself with a grin and I rolled my eyes at him. I had no idea who he was talking about and I didn't care.

"What pack did you belong to?" he asked under his breath.

Pack?

"I don't know what you're talking about," I replied, slowly but surely losing my patience with him.