0.9

Michael waited outside for just a couple minutes, mostly because he felt bad about walking through the house all wet. He wasn't exactly upset about Melissa pushing him into the pool, he should have noticed it when she put her hands on his chest (it made Michael really nervous, that's why he didn't say anything), but he was kind of upset with himself for not dragging her in with him.

And now Michael had a plan.

Finally he walked through the back door of the house and sopped his way back into the kitchen, where he could hear Parker and Katie giggling with each other and Melissa moving dishes around, probably to make the hot chocolate.

When Michael entered the kitchen Katie screamed again and ran out, because of course Michael looked a lot scarier now that he was soaking wet. He still didn't understand why Katie didn't like him, he dyed his hair purple for her and she still didn't care. Parker ran up to Michael and quickly gave him one of his signature leg-hugs before running away and following after Katie.

"You look a little wet." Melissa stifled a laugh, turning around and leaning against the counter.

"Oh, you don't say?" Michael rolled his eyes, taking one step closer to her.

"Did you enjoy your swim?" Melissa asked, cocking her head to the side. She didn't notice how close Michael had gotten to her, or the way that he'd carefully place his hands on her hips.

He was nervous, because girls always seemed to make him nervous no matter who they were, but Michael knew that this really didn't mean anything. He had a plan to get back at Melissa for pushing him in the pool, and this was just part of that plan. It didn't mean anything.

"Oh yeah, I really enjoyed it." Michael nodded sarcastically.

"You're hair looks really funny when it's wet." Melissa chuckled, raising her hand up like she was going to touch his hair. Michael took this as a perfect opportunity to carry out his plan and he (somehow) grabbed Melissa by the waist and lifted her up, throwing her over his shoulder. "What are you doing?!"

"Revenge." Michael said simply, turning and maneuvering his way through the kitchen and out the back door again.

"Oh, come on. You're acting like a ten year old." Melissa groaned. She wasn't even struggling to get out of his arms, which Michael found amusing, because it was like Melissa knew that she wouldn't be able to win this fight.

"You're the ten year old." Michael argued, sliding the door open. "You pushed me in the pool first."

"So?" Melissa asked, "You were already wet."

"And you're about to get wet as well." Michael laughed, nearly tripping over his own two feet as he walked through the yard and to the pool deck.

"Kinky."

"You're awful!" Michael whined, and Melissa just laughed. She had a really pretty laugh, Michael noticed, but he didn't want to mention anything in fear that it'd ruin the whole vibe that he had going. Whatever vibe that was.

"Oh, fine." Melissa sighed. "I guess I deserve this."

"You do." Michael nodded. They were on the pool deck now, and Michael was trying to decided whether or not he just wanted to throw Melissa in or set her down and push her. There was a difference.

"Just throw me in already." Melissa groaned, actually sounding impatient. Who got impatient about being thrown into a pool? "Oh my God, put me down at least."

"Stop being so pushy!" Michael yelled. He set Melissa down anyway and watched her straighten herself out again before standing in front of Michael, still waiting.