Chapter One: Well Things Just Got Complicated

© All Rights Reserved 2014

High school.

I guess we had your stereotypical high school setting. We had the jocks, the cheerleaders, the sluts, the nerds the fan girls, the fan dudes, the average kids, the higher class, the lower class. You name it; we have it.

Sometimes, I genuinely wonder what I am. Honestly, I have no freaking clue anymore. From being called everything from 'Scar' to 'That Rogue Girl', I've just learned nobody gives a crap that my name is actually Alex Ricardo.

I grew generally 'short' for my certain species at a height of 5'6. In all of my seventeen years of living, I had never grown past that, but I was cool with it which is almost surprising considering the slight anger issues I seem to have bottled up in my small body.

About a year ago my pack and I 'joined' the Cadman Pack (in a sense) due to a new law that was passed; its a werewolf law. Long story short, I'm a giant dog trapped inside of a human.

When I was fourteen, I ran away from home. Not because I had a crappy life. Not because my parents passed. No. It was because my mate rejected me. The person that was destined for me threw me to the side.

Usually, a wolf finds their mate, as in soulmate, when they turn eighteen, but I didn't. My mate found me when he was sixteen because he was next in line for a spot in the council. It's like the werewolf government, but it's not something that's chosen. It's based on bloodline like much of the things werewolf related. He rejected me because I was to small. I looked to weak.

I didn't want to look weak anymore so I became a rogue. It was rough as hell. As a rogue, I basically handed over my life to the devil. Rogues are lone wolves. They travel, eat, live alone. They are targeted by every pack in their way and nine times out of ten, don't die from just old age.

About two months after going rogue I had crossed onto another rogue's territory. He was a male, and he was easily one of the biggest wolves I'd ever seen at the time. He nearly killed me, but I managed to run away before he could.

There was an enormous wound on my thigh and my right ear was literally torn off. A large scratch was placed on the right side of my face, and it's still there today. I had broken three ribs, my left leg, and sprained my right wrist. I was a total and complete mess and should have died that day.

I just laid in a small meadow and decided that if I was going to die somewhere, it might as well be beautiful.

My midnight, black coat was covered in red splotches and some of the fur was missing. I was a mess.

But then something absolutely amazing happened, and I met my family. The ones that I will love til the day I die.

They were a group of rogues. It was extremely rare, practically unheard of. It was reasonable, though. All of them were pretty young. The oldest was a blonde-haired boy by the name of Shane. He was fifteen with a ten-year old brother named Shawn. They were born rogues. Then, their parents were killed off, so they had to fend for themselves.

There were two other boys who were both eleven. Austin had tan skin and dark brown hair while Dylan had pale skin and red hair. Austin was abandoned and Dylan left his family not too long before I met them.

Then, there was Gabby. She was fifteen like Shane, but younger by two months with long brown hair and fair skin. She was abused as a child by her father after her mother died, so she ran away in hopes of something better.