The Cullen Clan.

Edward's P.O.V.

I was laying in bed with my beautiful Bella wrapped in my arms. I just kept thinking about how she has changed my life. (Bella's story is different to Stephenie Meyer's)

Flashback.

I was working in the hospital with my father because they were short staffed. They placed me on the cancer ward and I was to make sure that everyone was comfortable and fed. I walked past a room with an absolutely stunning girl in it. She looked about 17 or 18 years old. I walked in because she was awake and watching TV. She looked over to me and I got lost in her deep brown eyes. I couldn't look away. She seemed to be having the same trouble.

When she did look away, I could feel the loss that came with the loss of eye contact. I walked closer to her.

"Are you comfortable enough?" I asked, she looked to be in a bit of pain.

"No, could you hellp me sit up? I can't lay down for too long, it starts to hurt." She explained.

I walked closer again, she moved the covers back and then I helped her sit up. I felt a spark between us and she felt it too because she gasped.

"You gave me and static shock." She accused, playfully glaring at me.

"No, you gave me one." I shot back playfully.

"OK. How about we agree to disagree." She said with a coy smile.

"OK, what's your name?" I asked her, I wanted to know her. But I didn't at the same time. We would be leaving in a couple of weeks anyway. That sent a surge of pain through my heart.

"Isabella. But I prefer Bella. What's your's?" She asked.

"It's nice to meet you, Bella. I'm Edward." I replied.

"OK. It's nice to meet you, too. I know for a fact that you're not a doctor because you don't look any older than me. So what are you doing here?" She asked. She was observant.

"My dad is one of the doctors here. They are short staffed so I offered to help out. They placed me on this ward to make sure that the patients were comfortable and stuff." I explained.

"Who's your dad?" She asked. She seemed really intrigued by this.

"Dr. Cullen." I replied.

"Oh yeah. He's my doctor. He should be coming by in a few minutes." She replied. Maybe he could give me the verdict on Bella.

"Ahh, Edward, it's been a while since I have seen you." Carlisle said with a chuckle.

"I know. It's been a while since this morning." I said while rolling my eyes.

Bella started to giggle at the show we were performing. I started laughing with her.

You seem happier since you have met Isabella. Or are you just pretending? Carlisle asked me in his head.

I shook my head and said low enough for only vampires to hear. "No. I think she is my mate. I think about leaving here in a couple of weeks and it hurts at the thought of leaving her here." I explained. I didn't want to leave her here.

Maybe we can ell her what we are and see of she chooses to join us as your mate, then we take her home and change her. That way you won't have to leave her again.  He thought. I could see it clearly. Her by my side for eternity. But I couldn't do that to her could I? Was I selfish enough?