▲ c h a p t e r t w o ▲

Start from the beginning

I began panicking and tore a thin strip of cloth from the edge of my white dress, and quickly stuffed it into my cheek, hoping to stop the blood. Just as I did so all of my other senses came back to me, and I heard the groans and painful hisses of the others who were on this elevator with me. I quickly spun around, to see Zayn laying on his side close behind me. His hand was holding his shoulder firmly as hisses and curse words escaped his lips. Liam and Niall leaned over him, aiding his hurt arm. Brooke sat in the far corner of the elevator, her hand over her forehead as she took in deep breaths. Her face was pale beside a few new forming bruises on her forehead and chest. JB had her knees tucked up to her chest and her face hidden in them. She had a hand tussled up in her violet locks, while to other held her knees.

“Are-are you all okay?” My words were shaky, as I asked the stupid question.

Liam was first to look up and respond, his eyes were large and round, his cheeks flustered red, “Zayn’s hurt.”

I slowly crawled forward a few inches, leaning over to inspect the tan boys arm. It looked terribly bruised, but I couldn’t get a proper look, because Niall and Liam’s hands blocked it. Zayn’s eyes were closed tightly, and he clinched his jaw in pain, hissing. I tapped Liam and Niall’s hand, to signal them to move them away. As they did a large dark purple, nearly black bruise was revealed. The loosening of Zayn’s clinched jaw let me know that the pressure of Niall and Liam’s hands was only causing more pain to him.

“You guys were hurting him, more.” I looked up to Liam, whose worried expression dropped into a more devastated expression.

“Oh Zayn! Oh, oh my god. Oh Zayn! I’m sorry! I was only trying to help!” Liam stammered quickly as he looked down to Zayn, with a sorrowful face.

“Its okay, it’s fine,” I told Liam, as I slowly stroked my small hand across the bruise. I gently stroked it, back and forth, trying to sooth the pain. Zayn’s eyes slowly fluttered open, and he blinked several times, before looking around bewildered.

“What happened?” He moaned out in pain, as he turned his head to face Niall, Liam, and I, the large blue and green bruise shown from the side of his face.

“Oh!” I gasped, throwing myself to the other side of him, and placing my hand over the bruised cheek of his. It was warm, and pulsed slightly beneath my palm. He gazed as me wildly; confusion flooded his dark brown eyes.

I felt Liam pull my hands from Zayn’s cheek and arm, as he pulled me away from the tanned hurt boy.

I stood to my feet, fixing my white dress that was now a mess with dusk and dirt from the ground of the elevator.

A loud scratching noise came from above, and we all looked up quickly. A large square from the center of the ceiling was being pulled to the side, and the smiling face of a fireman gleamed in at us, “You all alright!?”

“We all just crashed into the ground at 100 miles an hour… we’re all just peachy!” I sarcastically shook my head at the fireman, who stared down at us.

Brooke stood to her feet, dusting off her legs, and adjusting her sweater. She then walked over and grabbed hold of JB’s hand, pulling her to her feet, who also dusted the dirt from her clothing.

The fireman picked up a walkie-talkie from his hip, “We’ve got a young man down here hurt, call for a paramedics, just in case.”

Liam and Niall grabbed into Zayn’s hands and pulled him to his feet, swiftly wrapping their arms around the back of him, lending more support.

The fireman then suggested we help boost each other up to the hole, and beings I was shortest, I was sent up first. On top of the elevator there were loose wires and chords strewn everywhere. It was no surprise that the elevator crashed; it was junky and a terrible mess up there. It I weren’t careful where I stepped, I would’ve been electrocuted for sure. Weaving through the heaps of randomly colored and stray wires, I made my way to another large hole, but this one was in the wall, and accompanied by a small stool to step upon and get through the hole. As I climbed through the hole, the bright lights of the hotel’s hall blinded me momentarily. A paramedic and a few police were quick to my side, asking questions so quickly I didn’t even have time to answer. I raised my hand up, and called out, “Guys, please. Stop. I’ve a head ache. Please no more questions.”

I heard the sound of stumbling footsteps in a near distance behind me, and I looked through the hole in the wall. Brooke and JB were now standing on top of the elevator, looking at the heap of wires. A worried and troubled expression on their face told me that they were confused as to what to do and where to go.

“Step into the tiny space between them,” I shouted down. They flinched a little, and looked up, surprised by my voice. “Heh. Sorry.”

“Not everyone has as small of feet as you do, Trinnitie,” Brooke called up, as she shifted onto her tip toes, weaving the many wires that were all over the place in a distressed mess. They took tiny leaps to get through the mess, and they quickly made their way to the stepping stool and the hole in the wall.

Climbing through, Brooke came first. She stood there, taking in the fresh air of the hotel and rubbing her eyes. She looked around at all of the people who chatted loudly as they waited for the rest of us to be rescued. She crossed her arms over her chest, hunching her shoulders forward she shuffled over to me.

“What are all these people doing here?” She asked.

“I’m not sure.. I don’t think the chefs of the hotel, or the maids should be needed to help us. Only the police and firemen should be here,” I responded in a low voice. She nodded.

“Hey... What are you doing after this is all over with?” She looked up at me with a shy face.

“I’m not sure... My sister is waiting for me back at our room. She’s probably a worried mess,” I said, “Why?”

She twisted the tip of her shoe in the ground, “Oh. I’m here alone, and wondered if you’d want to hang out or anything. Like down in the lobby, or in the arcade.”

“Maybe, we’ll be here a few days.”

“What floor are you on?”

“I’m on floor 13. You?”

She grinned big, “I’m on 13, too!”

JB walked up, her cheeks red with what I assumed was anger and frustration. Her arms were crossed across her chest as well, “People can’t leave you alone. Ugh. We just got off an elevator of 2 hours, we don’t want to be drowned in questions,” She spat, looking over her shoulder at the many people who were all full of unnecessary questions.

When Liam, Niall, and Zayn stepped out of the hole, the crowd who surrounded the area erupted into cheers. My arms then crossed my chest too, as annoyance fogged my mind. These boys weren’t even that great. The blonde one was quiet, and when he was talking, it was only laughs. The dark haired one was a bit of a pervert, and seemed quite rude. The one in the marvel shirt wanted nothing but to play games. What was so fantastic about these boys? Sure they’re in a boy band, but there’s plenty of other boy bands in the world.

The boys smiled and waved as the ladies of the crowd cheered the loudest. Seeing enough of the sight, I turned my head towards Brooke, who was glaring at Liam with rosy cheeks again. I nudged her side with my elbow, “Go talk to him.”

“Are you mad?!” She shouted in a whispered voice, “There’s bound to be paparazzi anywhere!”

I snorted, “So? Go talk to him. I’m going up to see Carmen. Let her know I’m alright.”

I then turned to JB, “What’s your real name?”

She shot me a confused look, “Jenna.. Jenna Bella… Why?”

“Just curious,” I shrugged, “I’ll see you two later,” I smiled looking between the both of them.

And with that I walked off towards the stairs.