Chapter 8 - Avoiding

I woke up the next morning to my matress moving. I open my eyes to see Damon. I scream and get up. He smiles at me.

"Good morning." He says. I smile and get up.

"Yea. Um, I have to go to school. Bye." I say grabbing clothes and then changing in the bathroom. I grab my converse and then putting my hair up in a ponytail. I grab my tote and walk downstairs. I grab some toaster strudel and walked out and ate in my car. 

"This is going to be hard." I mutter. I put my car in reverse and drive to school. 

____________________________________

I got to school and sat down in History. Alaric began to ramble on and on about the Battle of Willow Creek. He saw me and chuckled. "Taylor, stay in after class." He says. I give him a thumbs up and he smirks. 

I stay in after class and then Caroline and the rest of them walk in. Including Damon. I glare at Alaric and he winks. 

"So Misses Forbes. Tell us what's wrong." He says pointing to me and Caroline. I roll my eyes and huff and Caroline smiles and poofs her hair.

"So Klaus has always hybrid dudes and well needs Taylor to do something for them. So I propose that we keep Taylor away from him." She says. I roll my eyes. I look at Damon to see him staring at me. I look away quickly. 

__________________________________

Everyone continued to talk about the plan and when they nodded and walked out. Damon grabbed my arm and pulled me back in. I huff at him.

"What do you want?" I ask. He looks at me and closes his eyes. He brings me closer and places his lips on mine. I close my eyes and let him.

"Damon. I can't." I say. He opens his eyes and looks at me. 

"Why can't you?" He asks me. I look at him and look down.

"Because, whenever you kiss me, I can't tell if it's the blood or because you care about me. Besides Caroline doesn't like you" I say. He looks at me and leans down.

"I've had your blood, I've had your lips but I can't have you all because of your sister." He mutters. I look at him and roll my eyes.

"Screw Caroline." I mutter. I put my lips on his and let my feelings take over. He smiles in the kiss and I pull away. 

"Well, I see that you like me." He says. I roll my eyes. He looks at me.

"I like you. Damon Salvatore. I just don't want to live up to Caroline's expectations." I say smiling. He nods.  He grabs me and turns me around, putting me on his back, twilight style. We blur out of school and then we're on a cliff. 

_______________________________

"What the heck?" I ask getting off when we get there. He smirks as he lays down. I lay down beside him. 

"Since when does little Miss Forbes never do anything to someone's expectations?" He asks, his eyes staring into mine.

"Since I fell for a vampire." I say with a smile. He looks up at the sky smirking.

"Since when did M Slavatore never follow someone's expectaion?" I ask staring at him. 

"I don't want to have to live up to anyone's expectations." He says stqring at me a sad look on his face. 

"I have none for you. You make me happy just the way you are." I say (A/N Do not comment Bruno Mars!) He smile and nods. I move over and crawl right beside him my left hand on his chest, my head against his heart. He strokes my hair.

"You're a saint." He mutters.

"You are too. You just hide it behind anger and sarcasm. I forgot booze." I mutter as I began to drift off. He smirks and kisses the top of my head. 

__________________________________

"Top 10 favorite moments." I ask him holding a grape.

"First would be this moment, second the moment I met you, third would be our first kiss, five was when we kissed again, 6 would be when you said you fell for me and 10 would be you moving back." He says. I raise a brow.

"What about 7,8 and 9?" I ask. He smirks.

"There are none." He says pecking my lips. "What are yours." He asks. I roll my eyes and grab a pad of paper from my tote.

1. This moment 

2. When we kissed

3. When we kissed

4 When you said you liked me

5 When I said I liked you

6 when you forgot 7,8,9

7 I didn't forget it so HA!

8 When I said I loved you

9 When I kissed you again

10 When I said I fell for you 

He looks at me in suprize. 

"When did you kiss me again?" He asks. I smirk and press my lips to his with a smirk still present on my face. 

"Gourd I love you." I say. He raises a brow.

"Gourd?" He asks. I smile and nod. I kiss him again and this time we fall over onto our backs as we continue. Man, I love kissing him.