Improper Uses For Magic- A modern day Fantasy setting.

"This is such a bad idea." 

"No man it'll be SO cool besides you're my only buddy who knows enough magic to pull this stuff off, ya gotta do it, come on!"

"You KNOW I'm not supposed to use it for stuff like this."

"But imagine how cool it'll look!"

"If we survive to post it."

Irwin Ozymandias looked at his best friend. Usually, a mage like him should know better than to hang around rogues. They're nothing but bad news, his father used to say. His father also used to say this about anything else that wasn't mages or magic though, so he really had to pick and choose which lessons he'd listen to. "Listen. Do you have ANY idea how dangerous even an outer-circle demon can be?" Summoning was only second on the lists of things that you're only supposed to do in situations of immediate danger, right next to conjurations. Some would argue that summoning is even worse, since it's so much harder to control- well, as soon as he'd run out of mana the demon would go back to where it came from anyway.

Acorn Thornhill looked straight back at his wizard-y friend. His eyes were wide with excitement, and he had a smartphone firmly in his right wrist. Probably not his own. "Come on man it'll be SO cool!" 

Finally, Irwin sighs and gets a vial of blood (presumably. It was pretty damn expensive, the retailer even told him it'd be virgin blood, meaning that the persons blood hasn't been used in any ritual before- which would explain the ludicrous price- but he had his doubts) out of his robe, uncorked it and started to draw the glyphes that were needed for the connection. Acorn shifted his weight from foot to foot, clearly anxious to start. 

"I'm done now." Irwin states, looking up to the other. "As soon as you're ready." he adds. 

Acorn grabs him by the collar, holding the smart-phone in selfie-position. "Summoning a demon: part one!" he shouts, and with a resignated gaze, Irwin lets his mana flow into the gateway. Behind the two of them, a ginormous fireball exploded from the ground, throwing them away, Acorn laughing manically as he drags along the mage, whose eyes had rollen back in their sockets from the loss of mana. He of course kept filming, showing himself running away from the, now clearly visible, demon wreaking havoc in the small alleyway, dismantling the rain-pipes and throwing them after them. 

A few streets away, he collapses, still laughing. He shakes Irwin, waking him up.

"Dude that was WAY awesome!" he states, grinning madly. 

Irwin stares up to him, slowly turning his head. His eyes red and black, and swollen.

Too bad nobody had told the teens how exactly possessions work.