Old Man's Chase (Julia's Story)

“Are you really going to Australia?” Julia’s mother, Linda Walsh, asked.

“Yes. I’m sorry I have to leave you Mom. Again.”

Julia’s job with Logan Bishop was done. Now, she just had to escape. She knew that Logan had other plans for her afterwards, but she wasn’t going to stay behind and find out exactly what else he was going to do with her.

He always had crazy plans, and Julia didn’t want to be a part of them anymore. Especially since she knew he was going to involve the one man she wanted to avoid at all costs.

“I’m just planning to lay low for now. I promise to come back.”

“Is Logan Bishop really as frightening as you say he is? Maybe if you just talked to him-”

“No. I’m not going to sit down in a room with him and have a conversation. I don’t know what to expect out of him, but it’s never good.”

Julia’s mother sighed. “At least come back in a month. It’s going to be your birthday and I don’t want you to celebrate it alone.”

“I will.”

“By the way…” Right at that moment, Julia felt a hand slide onto her shoulder. She stiffened and turned around to see who it was. “Tony visited a while ago. He was asking where you were.”

Julia stared up into Anthony Milano’s furious eyes as he stared back down at her. She was speechless at the sight of him and her mouth gawked open.

“I’ve found you.” He said, and Julia would’ve recognized him from his voice alone. Anthony spoke with an Italian accent and his voice had been burned into her ears long ago.

“Mom, how could y-!”

But Anthony quickly silenced her when he pressed his fingers against her jaw and kissed her. Julia prepared to fight back until Anthony slipped his tongue into her mouth. She immediately felt her whole body become jelly as Anthony’s tongue worked wonders on her. Julia gasped with pleasure and would’ve lost herself in his kiss if not for her mother’s faint voice.

“Julia? Are you still there?”

She snapped out of it and shoved Anthony away as she breathed heavily. Anthony simply swiped his thumb across his bottom, reddened lip.

“I’m here, Mom.” Julia answered. “I have to go. See you later.”

Her mother replied back before Julia hung up the phone. Then she stared up into Anthony’s eyes. He looked irritated, but she could see he was relieved to see her.

“What are you doing here?” Julia said through clenched teeth.

Anthony walked around the seats and sat down on the one right beside her. She stared at him as he leaned his elbow on his knee while facing her.

“I’m going to Australia.”

Julia felt her eye twitch. “Why?”

“I have business there.”

“Don’t you have a private jet or something to take you there instead?” she could barely hold back her voice, but Julia didn’t want to catch any more attention.

Anthony was dressed in a black suit and his hair was slicked back. His attire wasn’t anything strange in an airport. After all, there were plenty of businessmen around, but Anthony’s exceptionally good looks and confident air made him stand out among them.

“Ah, but I thought it would be more fun if I traveled together with you, seeing as you were going there as well.”

Of course, Julia didn’t believe one word of what he said. He must’ve changed his plans when he found out she was on a flight to Australia.