Clearly Invisable

• Dedicated to Bright Futures

Authors Note:: I am new to writing like any other first timers on here! Hope you all enjoy this story that I wrote over the last 4 years, and now I'm rewriting it to be a little better! Always more room for improvement! I love writing, I have been doing it since I was in 2nd grade. From short stories to novels! Also if anyone would like to create a cover for this book it would be awesome! Enough chatting for now! Get to reading!

Chapter One

    Seems now everyone takes their childhood for granted. I did also, and didn't realize it was time to grow up until I had a reality check while my father, Tim, was taking me to the airport. I was finally going away to college!

I, Abigale Gates, was now an official adult. Not a baby. I was going to take the world by storm! I chuckled as I thought of my inner thoughts. Maybe I should take over New York University's campus first before messing with the entire world.

The cautious father that he was, Tim named everyone who he could think of to save my number in my phone. 99% of those people were already saved. I could see the sorrow in his eyes. Knowing that your only baby girl was going across the country to become an architect at a strange city alone has to be hard. He even argued with me a few times getting me to stay in California for college. I wanted the full adventure of college though. 

We arrived at the airport and he helped me get my luggage. I had flown many times before, so it wasn't a big deal, but my dad wasn't happy as usual. My safety is always first to him, as it would be to any parent. 

"Chill out dad. Aunt Sandy is going to be on the plane with me and help me get settled into my dorm." I spoke softly looking into his bright ice blue eyes that I also had. He looked me into the eyes.

"Abby.. Abs...be careful out east. There are some mean people, and.." he began to speak.

"Dad, there are mean people anywhere. I'm always careful. I will call you when the plane lands in Chicago, and again when we arrive in New York. I got this dad. I'm growing up, accept that."

His eyes darkened. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek. He smelled of the wilderness. One smell that I wish I had a candel scent of. Yankee candle needs to come out with a candle just called 'Dad' and make it smell of pine trees, and fresh running water, with the dirt scent tied into it.

"Have fun. Don't forget to call me. I'm always here when you need the call. Be safe. I love you sweetie." It was now my turn to tear up.

"I love you too Dad." I turned around and on that note, I was off on my own. To a college where I've never been to. To a city where I've never been. To a state that I will now live in. Hello adult-hood.