Chapter One

Law

Law watched Rayne leave out the office, the door swinging shut behind her. He sighed and pulled his hat down on his head, he was in deep. Still if he played his cards right by the time Rayne noticed, she would be safe. 

There was a knock on his door. Law looked at the door before telling whoever it was to come in. A flash of white and orange appeared before the first mate came into the room, Bepo. The fuzzy polar bear was twitching his nose, a troubled look on his face. 

"Captain can I talk to you for a moment?"

Law sat back, closing the medical journals he looked at his first mate fully. What was going on? "Okay, what is it Bepo?"

"I have a question."

For a moment Law was quiet to let the bear go on, but he didn't. Law arched a brow, "And?"

"Is Miss Rayne really pregnant?"

Law looked up and nodded, "Yes, why are you asking? I did the tests and it's positive, Rayne is pregnant, why?"

"She smells different than regular pregnant women..." Bepo's nose twitched as though trying to drive home the point. 

"What does she smell like then?"

"Devilfruits? I don't know exactly what the smell is."

At this Law sat there and brooded on the idea. How was that possible? Rayne wasn't a devilfruit user and while she had immunity to her father, Admiral Akainu's, devilfruit powers that shouldn't make her smell like a devilfruit. Was it possible that the baby had the same 'smell' because it was the product of a devilfruit user and the child of a devilfruit user? Then again why was he even bothering to debate this? It didn't matter anyways.

"Well I need you to do me a favor and keep me posted on any changes you may notice about her. Oh and Bepo?"

The bear stopped his walk to the door and turned around to let Law know he was listening, "Yes captain?"

"Keep it quiet that she's pregnant right now. I still haven't told the rest of the crew yet. I'm waiting for a bit longer to allow Rayne to get used to the idea. If they overwhelm her it won't be a favorable outcome."

"Aye captain." 

Bepo closed the door and once again Law was left to his own devices. He leaned back in his chair wondering what the hell he was going to do now. If he was really serious about taking down Doflamingo then he would have to go about it in a smarter than usual way. Doflamingo was no one to underestimate. Not to mention there was the problem of what to do about his crew and Rayne. He didn't want them anywhere near Doflamingo when this went down. 

There was always a good chance that his plan could go awry and he and anyone close to him could get killed. Plus his crew had his back no matter what. Law knew that they would lay their lives down in an instant for him, something Rayne did on one occasion. 

Getting to his feet Law went over to his bookshelf to grab out a map of the area where Dressrosa was located. Looking at the surrounding water he put a finger on  the manmade mark, exactly where they were headed before long, Zo. There was a little village on the island there, pretty quaint if Law remembered correctly from the last time he'd been through there. Of course that had been about ten years ago so who knew how much it had changed.

Still it was a safe enough place for them to stay until he came to get them. 

Putting the map back Law decided to go in and check up on Rayne. She'd been having horrible morning sickness for the past week and unfortunately for her it was all day and not just in mornings. Half the time Law was woken up in the mornings by the lovely sound of puking into a toilet. That was followed by screams of profanity, then crying, then more puking, and finally Law helping Rayne up onto her feet and to the sink to brush out her mouth. Lovely cycle it was.