Chapter 8

Sandy's pov

I stood still completely speechless, not knowing what to do.  A part of me desperately wanted to go back, to my room and hide. 

But the bigger part of me, wouldn't submit.
I will not, show them any fear!

And with this new determination, I entered the room. ready to face any battle, head on.

Chads pov

I grabbed my mate from behind her, securing her in my arms. 

I let out a small growl, when she tried to escape my hold.  And go back to helping the other females cook

My mates name is Michael,  she is one of the pack fighters. Much to my pain, but she was a darn good one. And i wouldn't dream of hurting her, by telling her to stop fighting. 

You see unlike humans our women are really though. They are trained, from the day they are of age. Which is 15, because by then they are considered mature enough. In both human and wolf form.

So you can imagine our surprise, when I realised that our Luna, the Alphas mate was human. 

And although it's not common, it does happrn. And one cannot dismiss the power of having a mate. No matter who or what species that mate is.

Our Alpha, has been alone for too long. 97 years is a long time to be mate less.  You see with wolves, once we become of age... Which is 15. We start aging slower, giving us time to find our mates.

In human years, the Alpha is 112 years old. But in wolf years he is only 25.

There was exciting, in the packhouse. Once people heard about the Luna, everyone started preparing. With meals large enough to satisfy an army... Which we were.

They do after all want to impress their future Luna.

There is high hopes, that she will soften the Alpha.

Our Alpha is a hard man, not by choice but from growing up. It comes with seeing and being a part of wars. The loses that weigh on him as the Alpha and for those he lost, when he went away and became the Captain of the navy seal.

no we have nothing but respect and pride for our Alpha.

And although he rules with an iron grip, he made us into the pack we are today. We shall remain in his debt, but all men need the care of a loving women.

His women.

the one that just entered the kitchen...

***that is all for this week guys, I hope you enjoyed Chads pov. I don't usually like introducing other characters but I thought, u would like some background information, about the Alpha. ***