Christmas Presents (A Twilight Fanfic short)

Renesmee's P.O.V

Jacob moved closer to me and I breathed in his heady scent. It was such a rich scent; no cologne could possibly match this piece of heaven.

I smiled up at him and placed my head on his chest, breathing in again. The scent of him was mixed with the thick smell of pine, coming from the tree that he had just put up. I loved my Jacob, more than anything else in the world. The only ones who I loved as much were my parents.

"Ready?" he asked, just as I closed my eyes.

"No." I said, smiling at him with my milk white teeth. He always said that my smile was the best thing in his world, my best feature. Other than my eyes, which were the exact same shade that my mother's had been when she was human. Jacob's lips came down gently on mine and I loved every bit of it.

I knew not to kiss Jacob with my father around, because I was aware that he was still not ready to see me as an adult, after only seven or so years after my birth, but he should know more than anyone else that our world wasn't the least bit normal, and this was just how we had to live.

Our kiss grew deeper and my lips parted at the same time that Jacob's did. We knew each other so well, and I loved that about our relationship. We truly were soul mates, and that made every bit of this worth it. Worth all of the pain that we both suffered. Jacob's pain over the time before me, and my pain when I realized that the Volturi were coming for my family because of me. But that was a long time ago, and we haven't heard of them in a while. Jacob's pain was over, and the Volturi left us alone. They had no set reason to annihilate my family.

"We should probably go see Mom and Dad." I said, pulling an inch away from Jacob. An almost silent growl escaped him and that made me smile wider. I pecked him on the cheek, and danced my way over to the front door, beckoning him forward. My lithe movements made him stop and stare, as he did every day. Everyone was so fascinated with my grace and poise, while I saw that it was no different than my aunt's, Alice. Except that Alice was a vampire and her poise was more articulated.

I rolled my eyes at Jacob as he still stood there, looking me over.

"We have to go sometime, it is Christmas, after all. Don't you want to see the surprise on Alice's face when she opens her present? That was what I loved about Alice's flawed visions. While she saw it as an inconvenience, I saw it as a way to smile and laugh, to be happy.

Jacob made his way over to me and twirled his massive hand in my ringlets, which shined an almost chestnut brown, mixed with a bright bronze. I loved my hair, and so did everyone else. Another of my good features.

"C'mon." I pulled him along as he released my hair from his hand. Instead, he took my hand and let me drag him to our car, the one that Jacob had worked on himself. I was surprised that it still worked. It had been around since before I was born, and it had already been old. But Jacob was a great mechanic, probably just as good as Aunt Rose, and she was pretty good.

Jacob let me drive, because he always liked to give me what I wanted. I felt spoiled, but liked it. Most of the time he drove, but today, I wanted to be in control of the speed. We had already wasted a few minutes, and Uncle Emmett was sure to make some kind of comment on it. He was probably the only one who didn't treat me like a child. Sometimes, I wish he did.

"The presents are all in the trunk, right?" I asked. Wrapping my hand around Jacob's as he climbed into the Rabbit.

He nodded and kissed my cheek, smiling.

"Yep, every last one of them. I don't see why we need to get so many, though." He muttered the last part. But he knew that I could hear him. I wasn't sure why he said it, because I always told him the reason why. Maybe he just liked my voice, which wasn't very hard to consider.